Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 08:19 PM

Location: Im at the Red Lobster and I\'m eatin\' all the shriiimp!
Default Re: So How Many Of You Will Still Purchase 2+2 Books?

[ QUOTE ]
its messed up they did nothing. without online poker they would have far less customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. It really was in their best interest to do SOMETHING and more than what they did if they did anything. It's perplexing really. I don't get it.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone summarize the anger with 2+2 Publishing? I'm obviously out of the loop and don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Summarizing is for lazy people. Read this thread in its entirety and then come back and see if you have any questions. I bet you won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've skimmed it and all I noticed was a bunch of people bitching about 2p2 not doing much to help out, when there probably isn't much at all they could do. If you don't want to summarize fine, don't, but no need to be a dick.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 PM

I will purchase another 2+2 product about the same time I next vote republican. Sincerely, an embarrased former republican voter,
Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we could have made any difference to today's outcome. In fact we have made no difference by bitching on this legislation forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologize for the cynicism, but it's how I see it. Frist and the gang (and most of the country) don't care at all about any of us. I understand people's resentment towards the 2+2 crew, but if anyone would have had a fighting chance it would have been the corporations (Party, Stars, etc.) who stood to significantly help to lobby this issue. Pointing online fingers on a message board will do nothing and as much as I think the days of poker as we know it are over, panic will only inflame the situation.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact they have made a positive difference by hosting this legislation forum here for us to try to make a difference. That actually means a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with giving people something like this Legislation Forum (not the whole twoplustwo forums) is that they expect you give them more afterwards. I'm not aware of any other place on the internet where those who oppose this legislation were able to communicate with as large a group of interested listeners as this place. But, the posters here just take what they've been given for granted.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 PM

Dynasty,

I agree 100%.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:38 PM

I will.

Maybe they could have done more than provide this forum but lets reserve the blame for the idiots who pushed this thing not people on our side who maybe could have done a bit more to resist.

chez
Old 09-29-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fact they have made a positive difference by hosting this legislation forum here for us to try to make a difference. That actually means a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with giving people something like this Legislation Forum (not the whole twoplustwo forums) is that they expect you give them more afterwards. I'm not aware of any other place on the internet where those who oppose this legislation were able to communicate with as large a group of interested listeners as this place. But, the posters here just take what they've been given for granted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break. What is the cost of setting up an extra forum? Internet bandwidth is cheap as hell, and any extra costs are more than convered by the ads 2+2 run and the cross-branding benefits. We're giving 2+2 something by spending our time here instead of somewhere else.

I don't have any personal animus against Mason et. al. but 2+2 was weak-tight here, no doubt about it.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:51 PM

Do you honestly think one smallish publishing company could have stopped the personal and political ambitions of the US senate majority leader?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think one smallish publishing company could have stopped the personal and political ambitions of the US senate majority leader?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't vote, either? Cause I mean, like one vote is going to do anything. Good idea.