Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Germany cancels opera out of fear from Muslim protests.

Unbelievable. When will the appeasement stop? Yet, Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CBS News article.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Germany cancels opera out of fear from Muslim protests.

Women's health clinics have closed down out of fear of Christians bombing the clinics and/or murdering the doctors... I though Christianity was a peaceful religion? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unbelievable. When will the appeasement stop? Yet, Islam is supposed to be a peaceful religion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CBS News article.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you didn't like CBS.

However, I do agree that this is rediculous.

<font color="white">I know it's spelled ridiculous, nits. </font>
Old 09-29-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CBS News article.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you didn't like CBS.

However, I do agree that this is rediculous.

<font color="white">I know it's spelled ridiculous, nits. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that I didn't like them. They have stepped in it a few times though. I actually try to consume information from all sources. Furthermore, when I reference some information, I try to make it so those whom might disagree with my views have a hard time discrediting my info.

I find it quite funny when someone references media matters, move on, Daily Kos etc. etc.

Kurto, I don't think as many people have been killed by Christianity as Islam. Can you cite an abortion clinic that didn't open due to Christian fundamentalism?

We have seen rioting on behalf of the Muslims due to cartoons, the Pope quoting someone else and other situations that I cannot even remember at the moment.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurto, I don't think as many people have been killed by Christianity as Islam. Can you cite an abortion clinic that didn't open due to Christian fundamentalism?

We have seen rioting on behalf of the Muslims due to cartoons, the Pope quoting someone else and other situations that I cannot even remember at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful there. You certainly haven't seen as many people in Women's Clinics as you have seen people killed by Islam.

But you'd have a difficult time proving that Muslims have killed more people then Christians. (Probably if you only looked at very recent history, maybe.)

On another note... what is the point of your OP? Certainly there are many violent Muslim extremists. Of the Billion or so Muslims, what percentage do you think are the violent ones? Is your statement saying something about Muslim or just the fanatic militants at war with the West?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful there. You certainly haven't seen as many people in Women's Clinics as you have seen people killed by Islam.

But you'd have a difficult time proving that Muslims have killed more people then Christians. (Probably if you only looked at very recent history, maybe.)

On another note... what is the point of your OP? Certainly there are many violent Muslim extremists. Of the Billion or so Muslims, what percentage do you think are the violent ones? Is your statement saying something about Muslim or just the fanatic militants at war with the West?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked you to cite a reference making your claim, I guess you can't.

The original point was as long as people are going to cower in fear, the more emboldened they will become and matters will continue to get worse.

I have no idea what percentage of the Muslims are terrorists. I doubt even the intelligence community could come up with a number that they could agree on. But you knew that when you posted the question.

Last time I checked the entire Muslim community didn't do much to denounce recent terrorist attacks. I could have missed something and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I do not believe that Christians have killed more people than Islam and I do believe they are more tolerant than Muslims as a whole. Every side has it's share of nuts, there is no denying that. I believe that Muslims have more extremists per capita than any other religion. Again, while having no direct information making that point, that is certainly the ones we hear more about on the news these days.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Germany cancels opera out of fear from Muslim protests.

[/ QUOTE ] Correct me if I'm wrong but this opera seems to have been running for quite a long time without anyone noticing it. (Which proves, if nothing else, that it is truly a piece of art. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) Until they pulled that cancellation, that is. From then on, it's front page news around the world.

Come to think about it, this could be the act of a desperate theater manager...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think as many people have been killed by Christianity as Islam.

[/ QUOTE ] More people, actually. We've been through this already.

Mickey Brausch
Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked you to cite a reference making your claim, I guess you can't.

The original point was as long as people are going to cower in fear, the more emboldened they will become and matters will continue to get worse.

I have no idea what percentage of the Muslims are terrorists. I doubt even the intelligence community could come up with a number that they could agree on. But you knew that when you posted the question.

Last time I checked the entire Muslim community didn't do much to denounce recent terrorist attacks. I could have missed something and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I do not believe that Christians have killed more people than Islam and I do believe they are more tolerant than Muslims as a whole. Every side has it's share of nuts, there is no denying that. I believe that Muslims have more extremists per capita than any other religion. Again, while having no direct information making that point, that is certainly the ones we hear more about on the news these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name a country where the minority religion was either forced to convert to the majority religion or get out of the country?

Hint the majority religion in this country was Christianity.

Try The tolerance of Christianity.

Note that the same peoples under the Islamic Moors were relatively well treated even with their dhimmi status.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:39 PM

Okay, I stand corrected.

Maybe I should have referred to the past 500 years...
Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected.

Maybe I should have referred to the past 500 years...

[/ QUOTE ]Do casualties in conflicts among Islamic nations count ?