Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 AM

Default Happens all the time SSHE Live-still confused

Friday night 9 handed live Bay area B&M. Typical mixture of loose passive and loose aggressive. average 5-6 to a flop. hasn't chopped in 4 orbits. raised preflop maybe 1-2 times per orbit, but once in awhile the maniacs get their drinks and it gets capped preflop.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, fold, hero limps with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], fold, raise, button coldcalls, sb coldcalls, bb cold calls, UTG 3bets, calls, hero?

I understand that on maniac tables one should tighten up, but not infrequently I find myself playing on a pretty loose and mostly passive table that once a dealer just lights up with raising preflop with lots of cold callers like above. So on one hand it is 2 more bets to me and it could get raised, and generally this reduces my implied odds, but on the other hand there will be a ton of players playing most with worse hands than mine.

If it were one bet back to me I call, and 3 more bets to me I fold, but what about 2 bets to me?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Happens all the time SSHE Live-still confused

i dont like to limp with hands like that in middle position. thats a little risky. call it though given the nature of your opponents you can hit the flop or let it go and get paid if you produce a hand.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:48 AM

fold town. paying too much to see a flop.

I'd limp the first time, I'd call 1 raise, but paying 4sb PF just can't be a good strategy.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like to limp with hands like that in middle position. thats a little risky. call it though given the nature of your opponents you can hit the flop or let it go and get paid if you produce a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never fold this hand in this situation PF at low limit B&M. This is an auto limp. I usually open limp with this in EP in the loose passive games I play in. I don't drive downtown to fold 87s
Old 09-29-2006, 10:51 AM

It's 7 handed and probably will be capped so be prepared to put in one more after you call 2. Your effective odds after the probable cap will be at least 5-1 (one or two people may fold).

Edit: (yes implied odds are reduced since 2BB preflop vs # of bets collected postflop, but live these multiway pots will get monstrous as people will chase and chase to win this large pile of chips being made in the middle)
Old 09-29-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So on one hand it is 2 more bets to me and it could get raised, and generally this reduces my implied odds, but on the other hand there will be a ton of players playing most with worse hands than mine.

If it were one bet back to me I call, and 3 more bets to me I fold, but what about 2 bets to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold here. And I am not so sure 'there will be a ton of players playing most with worse hands than mine' is the correct way to be thinking here with a hand like mid-suited connectors. It is interesting that it is seven handed! But I still say ditch'em.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 AM

you have an implied odds hand, you have your implied odds destroyed...what was the question?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have an implied odds hand, you have your implied odds destroyed...what was the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

This cuts to the chase. Thanks,
Old 09-29-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like to limp with hands like that in middle position. thats a little risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the first time around after two limpers at this type of table would be a huge mistake.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:10 PM

call.