Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Re: river moves

[ QUOTE ]
also im not too sure what my turn play should be in hand #2, i check this type of flop a lot oop after i 3bet, with all hands... but should i just c/f this turn with ak? if i want to push someone off a pocket pair i need to fire twice it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is a bad board in general. pocket pairs either have outs, have sets, or have overpairs. just not worth 2 barrels
Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Re: river moves

[ QUOTE ]
also im not too sure what my turn play should be in hand #2, i check this type of flop a lot oop after i 3bet, with all hands... but should i just c/f this turn with ak? if i want to push someone off a pocket pair i need to fire twice it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you often check this flop with AK? are you c/r'ing ai often or just folding to a bet. as it is when we get to the turn no worse hand is calling our bet and we might get bluffed if we check but i wouldn't worry about that too much.

i think if you check the flop to c/r ai you should c/f the turn if you miss since a lot of ppl are going to do what he did with medium pairs, check flop so they can call turn and try to get to sd cheaply. and since the board reaonably safe for a medium pair i don't really like betting here, but i like a turn bet if we often follow up with a 2nd barrel on the river, but again on a scarier board.

it's possible you have a 5 or a set here but obv your 3-betting range is more heavily weighted towards bigger cards(assumption).