Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Anorexia accross colleges (Xposted in psych)

[ QUOTE ]
Barron,

So are you saying that the relationship with that one broad is over and you're looking to fist a skinny?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. nope.

i dont like skinny as all hell chicks at all. dated one once and boniness is a turn off.

"mary" and i are still together and ive never been happier.

Barron
Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 PM

What kind of country do we live in where we have people rooting through garbage cans to find something to eat, and then other people eat a nice meal at a great restaurant, then puke it up on purpose?

I say tough sh*t. Rich c*nt doesn't want to eat? [censored] HER. [censored] HER.

--George Carlin
Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 PM

It would be interesting if veganmav went dumpster diving outside a sorority. He'd end up looking like he ate a jelly donut except he'd still be starving. Bad beat.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing absolutely nothing about aneroxisa nervosa, I'm going to guess the reported incidence is higher the wealthier, and whiter the girls get.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

now controlling for income and race...as well as IQ, where would you think the largest rates of eating disorders would occur? (i.e. in what school? geographic region (when it's not being controlled for) age bracket? etc.)

this is what i kinda wanted to get a peek at.

im thinking that it makes sense that high pressure, highly viewed institutions are likely to have a higher reported incidence of AN and other eating disorders (EDI- eating disorder inventory) than other schools.

i have no data to back this up, but it seems that schools where there are many pressures are likely to be correlated w/ high incidence of EDIs. college in general is tough on many students...i just think that the harder one has to work and the more likely one is to need to feel accepted, the more likely one is to develop such a psychological disease.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

These factors have little to do with anorexia. One has to have a predisposition for the disease, then it somehow gets triggered. It's almost always related to personality type. Thrill-seekers are pretty immune, while perfectionists are more likely to get the disease. Not all perfectionists, of course, but there seems to be a relationship to that personality type and incidence of anorexia.

Perfectionism Linked to Eating Disorders
Old 09-29-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of country do we live in where we have people rooting through garbage cans to find something to eat, and then other people eat a nice meal at a great restaurant, then puke it up on purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought anorexia was just when you don't eat, not to be a nit but you're talking about bulimia.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I say tough sh*t. Rich c*nt doesn't want to eat? [censored] HER. [censored] HER.

--George Carlin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh Carlin is very profound.