All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
he said some of the ladyboys even have their adams apple removed to look more like a girl. Is this true? If this is true how the hell can you tell man from woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairs on fingers foot never lie.

That's the ultimate test after the more common ones:

- size of their shoulder: thai ladyboys have large shoulders very often
- their voice
- hips: they have no hip usually which is one of the reason they have amazing sexy ass.
- big nose for the ones who have not enough money to reduce it.
- biceps too apparent.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:09 AM

Ladyboys are usually tall and have giant man hands where Thai chicks have nice small hands.

I wonder how many people are serious about comming to Thailand, and how many will seriously stay here for a while to make getting a place togeher more worthwhile.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 AM

Hello Hansum Man!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 AM

Bkk.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Yo Degen great thread mate.

But just to double check... Gambling is illegal there?

BUT...

Playing onliner poker is no problem at all and I won't be arrested for doing it at an internet cafe or anything?

Would it be worth just staying in a hotel with wireless do you think, to play from the hotel room?

So many questions... I live in Australia and I'm seriously considering giving it a try for a few weeks very soon. When you say it's just way too hot in June / July is it unbearable or still worth the trip?

Thanks man.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo Degen great thread mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has been banned for a few months.

[ QUOTE ]
So many questions... I live in Australia and I'm seriously considering giving it a try for a few weeks very soon. When you say it's just way too hot in June / July is it unbearable or still worth the trip?

Thanks man.

[/ QUOTE ]

climate info here: http://www.amazing-thailand.com/Climate.html (first google result of "thailand climate")

by "too hot" I think they mean by american standards.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

climate info here: http://www.amazing-thailand.com/Climate.html (first google result of "thailand climate")

by "too hot" I think they mean by american standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they mean sane person standards. It's [censored] hot. I've even been drinking water instead of beer.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 AM

I doubt bkk is much hotter than Phuket. It's not that hot--you get used to it pretty quickly. I wear pants every day and often long sleeves as well. If you were walking around all day with a backpack or something you would be miserable, but you're mostly just moving from air-conditioned environment to air-conditioned environment.

There's maybe a 1 in a million chance you could be playing poker in an internet cafe and a cop could walk by and try to extort some money from you. My plan in this situation is just to point out the thousands and thousands of baht in play at the tables. It couldn't possibly be real money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd be more concerned about key loggers and [censored]. Obviously playing from your room is way better than sitting in an uncomfortable chair with a bunch of randoms. Sometimes hotel wifi can be slow to the point of unplayability though.

edit: yeah, it's not that hot by Australian standards but obviously it will seem hotter since it's winter in Australia now.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:41 AM

Random tip: If you're American, tell people you're from New York. Most foreigners think NYC is the most magical amazing place on earth and their eyes will light up when tell them it's where you're from. I never know how to answer this question anyway and usually give some awkward answer like "Well, I grew up in Rhode Island but then I lived in Pittsburgh for five years and now I'm just kind of traveling."
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There's maybe a 1 in a million chance you could be playing poker in an internet cafe and a cop could walk by and try to extort some money from you. My plan in this situation is just to point out the thousands and thousands of baht in play at the tables. It couldn't possibly be real money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd be more concerned about key loggers and [censored]. Obviously playing from your room is way better than sitting in an uncomfortable chair with a bunch of randoms. Sometimes hotel wifi can be slow to the point of unplayability though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just download partypoker on the cafe's comp and login? Also, do you know the best way/place to get a fast and stable connection in thailand as far as apartments or houses?
Closed Thread