Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 88 BB Steal Defense

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The advice suggested so far seems very weak to me. Maybe my perception is skewed because I've been playing higher limits but I at least call the flop here and reevaluate on the turn. If the flop came 10 6 2 I would c/r the flop or bet/3bet and lead all the way probably folding to more aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure that at any level folding 88 on this board after a capper is wrong, of course that's as long as they are fairly reasonable. Say <25% pfr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's not unusual for people to cap with any ace and any pair if they think you're restealing.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 PM

I have to disagree with Oracle here and say this is an easy fold. Sometimes you fold the best hand but this board hits alot of hands.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:01 AM

This is .50/1.00 guys, not 10/20. People will three bet and cap with a wide range of hands at this level.

I would have used the flop to get some more information on the strenght of his hand. If you check raise he may three bet indicating that youre beat and you can probably fold safely.

Peronally I would have come out betting on the flop...if he raises, I see the turn and then check/fold to a turn bet.

I wouldnt just check/fold the fop at this level though...too many maniacs that cap with pocket deuces and J8os. Personally, I think youre giving people at this level too much credit.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is .50/1.00 guys, not 10/20. People will three bet and cap with a wide range of hands at this level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you got it backwards. To those saying fold the flop I think you should realize that we are getting 9:5-1 on seeing the turn. If we check to him and he fires again I'm happy to fold I'm just not convinced we're behind yet.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Sorry, Oracle but I dont understand what youre saying here. Are you suugesting that the better strategy would be to check/call the flop and then check/fold to a bet on tue turn?