Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: AK OOP

[ QUOTE ]
why check raise?
what range will villain 3 bet with pf jj or qq? i think a c/r is counter productive on the flop.
id probably lead all streets. if they have a lower pp they will call down hopfully intead of fold to our c/r
if they have the lower ace i bet they raise the turn for us and call our 3 bet. if they have aa o well they wont most of the time. the turn action you get from villian will determine how to play the river.

betting out also has a chance of geting mp to call and get traped in bwtween a potential raising war (you and late). and since we dont care much about free cards and cant get rid of a flush draw i like the flop lead.
how it was played id say you shoudla lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thinking is, I can't rely on MP1 coming along period (if he's calling one, he'll call two here) ... I would rather c/r to get an extra bet from CO (who most likely can't drop his worse Ace, or his big pocket pair)

do you find many players who will raise a flop donk on the turn with AQ, AJ, KK, QQ?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 PM

thats my point. if they have the kk or qq they might check behind on any street but will call a bet for sure(and might fold to a cr<losing us money). if they have an ace they will find a raise somewhere(maybe thats just me thinkin everyon plays like me)which we can three bet(once again im tagarific)
so maybe my contention is based on if i was playing myself.which is sad because i beleive that is the reason why the furom makes mistakes in analysis because they assume to know too much about a comeplete random moron of an opponent
to answer your question specifically. sometime they will raise the flop with kk or qq trying to make showdown cheap
and of course they raise for value on the turn with the aj and hopefully always aq.
makes sense to me
thoughts?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they have the kk or qq they might check behind on any street but will call a bet for sure(and might fold to a cr<losing us money)

[/ QUOTE ]

this is something I trying to figure out right now, and what opponents it applies to ... against those that I know will fold to my check raise (or raise, if I have position) I've been calling the flop and raising the turn (sometimes river, board depending) ... also, to make players call my raises more often I've been rasing in spots where I do not always have 'the ace' (does this work often ... it's been OK so far)

[ QUOTE ]
if they have an ace they will find a raise somewhere(maybe thats just me thinkin everyon plays like me)which we can three bet(once again im tagarific)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many opponents will raise a 'hero' if said 'hero
is playing a more ABC style (unless they have the King to go with the Ace)

[ QUOTE ]
o maybe my contention is based on if i was playing myself

[/ QUOTE ]
this is always a challenge when posting, as 'villian' will be responding the 'hero's' style (like in this case, OP did not cap pre flop ... says many things about his general style and other players respond to that ... many more 'heros' will get different action from different players

[ QUOTE ]
sometime they will raise the flop with kk or qq trying to make showdown cheap
and of course they raise for value on the turn with the aj and hopefully always aq

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they do here, OP played his hand like a AK, AQ, AJ ... once he donks the flop that pretty much said "I have an ace" (I can't see villian raising here unless he has AK too, maybe AQ) ... I think you start getting more action once you start capping more hands pre flop and flowing up and donking more than when your ace hits
Old 09-28-2006, 10:36 PM

*grunch*

This looks okay to me. Villain has 3-bet pf, and there aren't that many 3-betting hands that look good on this flop, with the exception of AA. So I think 3-betting the flop is fine.

Once capped, villain probably either has the AA, or AK, and maybe getting frisky with a lower A. I think calling down from that point is fine.

Edited to add (after reading others): I like the C/R line better, though
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM

Cap Preflop.
On the flop I think it's better to check/raise. If you lead you give a FD from MP2 the chance to draw. You will lose >10BB if he draws out, but you gain only 0.5-1BB if he doesn't.
Definitely lead the turn. Looks very much like AK-AJ or even KK-JJ.