Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 2/4 B&M - lookit the girly man play his AA

i think the anything under 5/10 live should post in micors since action is similar-level of play and passivity. not to be rude since im not a high stake player by any means. just so that youll get more relavent advice.

there is no shame in those live limits at all its called easy money you dont have to work for.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:35 PM

I like everything up until the turn. Since you can't really get away from this hand, your priority should be to squeeze out the second villain with a check/raise, no? As played, I'd check/call the river.

Could be way off here...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like everything up until the turn. Since you can't really get away from this hand, your priority should be to squeeze out the second villain with a check/raise, no? As played, I'd check/call the river.

Could be way off here...

[/ QUOTE ]

here is what I want everyone to do. Write down everytime you "check/call" the river vs. someone you figure is a loose/passive calling station. I will assure you, you will lose just about 100% of the time.

One thing you should immediately do is never c/c passives on the river. Just bet, cause they will call with worse hands, and they won't raise without the nuts. If they raise, it's over.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM

i agree with TheHip41.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:54 PM

OP's read seems to imply that the villain is not your typical loose/passive calling station. If he is, then the river is obviously bet/fold. (Perhaps I misunderstood what OP meant by "gambler.")

I just got the feeling that the villain was capable of trying to push us off our hand with a raise. With that being the case, I stand by check/call.

Also, OP failed to show strength on the turn, which screwed up the flow of the rest of the hand. At this point, without a turn check/raise, I'm just trying to get to showdown -- as is often the case when I realize I've screwed up a street. Is this a huge leak?
Old 09-30-2006, 06:42 PM

I like a flop call and then a turn checkraise to try and blast UTG+2 out. He usually has some sort of weakish hand that actually has odds to call us down but might bolt if we checkraise the turn. This checkraise will look really scary to them unless they flopped the nizzle. On this board we usually have the best hand ... getting someone to fold a 6-8 outer would be a coup. If we get 3-bet, well, that sucks bad and I'd almost fold a blank river but I'm a fish and would probably crycall it.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:52 PM

lol, bet-folding the river will raise a lot of eyebrows at a live 2/4 B&M. They will think you're weird cause they've never seen it before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can get away with it at a B&M but if online guys see you bet/folding much at all they'll start taking shots at you.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, bet-folding the river will raise a lot of eyebrows at a live 2/4 B&M. They will think you're weird cause they've never seen it before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can get away with it at a B&M but if online guys see you bet/folding much at all they'll start taking shots at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one at 2-4 takes shots at ppl, they just raise when they have the nuts.

You will know who capable of taking shots at you anyway.