Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Two B&M NL questions

So I've mostly always been a limit player but I've been brushing up my NL and I'm going to take a shot at it in Vegas in my coming trip.

If you're in a 200NL game or whatever... does anyone keep a stack of reds in their pocket and top off back to $200 after every hand they play until they take a pot which brings them over $200? Is this a standard/reasonable thing to do?

Also... if you get your stack up to well above the max and either your game breaks up or you want to switch tables... can you bring your whole stack to the new table?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Two B&M NL questions

I always top off to the max amount.

You usually can bring your whole stack to the next table
Old 09-28-2006, 03:54 PM

most people don't do that, but its fine as long as you tell the dealer you are doing it and he tells the table you are X behind.

If the table breaks or the floor moves you to the main game you keep your stack, if you ask for a table change you might be able to bring the whole thing, but often some nit will object and you'll only be allowed the maximum. That nit will probably have less than the maximum in front of him.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:00 PM

If I buy in for 200, I probably won't refill until I'm down maybe 40-50 bucks or so. I'd feel sort of silly alerting the dealer that I'm adding 2 bucks back after I surrender my big blind or whatever.

EDIT: Yes, I know it's better to have the max on the table but I'm just relating my own experiences.

Of course, doing so would be perfectly acceptable although I don't see it happen with any regularity.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're in a 200NL game or whatever... does anyone keep a stack of reds in their pocket and top off back to $200 after every hand they play until they take a pot which brings them over $200?

[/ QUOTE ]

People here don't do it normally, but I would recommend topping off once you get down to 80% of the max. With restrictive buy in NL games, you want to maximize your initial win if you get all in.

[ QUOTE ]

Also... if you get your stack up to well above the max and either your game breaks up or you want to switch tables... can you bring your whole stack to the new table?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In many rooms, not only are you allowed to bring your whole stack, you are required to do so. To not bring it all invites ratholing via the RTM (request to move) list.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In many rooms, not only are you allowed to bring your whole stack, you are required to do so. To not bring it all invites ratholing via the RTM (request to move) list.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the opposite here. Changing tables is no different than walking in off the street. If your game breaks, you can choose what you want to do.

As for topping off, I keep a mix of chips in my pocket and add them as needed between hands to stay near the max.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:47 PM

broken game != table change
at Foxwoods if you ask to change you have to bring everything(but there's almost no way anyone would ever know EVER)
if your table breaks you can do whatever.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:56 PM

The best thing about table changes is the fact my stack increases by a couple hundred bucks.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing about table changes is the fact my stack increases by a couple hundred bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]