Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Thinking of starting an online petition

Rather than sit here and do nothing, I'm thinking of starting an online petition. Maybe by the time the lame-duck session starts, we will have enough signatures to make a difference. Who knows? But it wouldn't hurt to try!

Do you think it's a good idea?

I was intending to use this Petition Online site as it seems to be the most popular.

To fill it out I would need to specify a target for the petition. Who do you think would be appropriate? Is "US Congress" ok, or should it be something else?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Thinking of starting an online petition

Online petitions are just about the most worthless thing in existance for trying to bring about change. No one puts any weight in them.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:11 PM

To quote that football coach in the Coors Light TV commercials "You're spinning your wheels. Don't do it."
Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM

If you feel compelled to do something maybe you should allign your efforts with Jim Casper's. He is attempting to legalize and regulate online poker in ND. Here is some info:

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I have been up in the air as how to best proceed with my Internet Poker legislation, but have now decided to definately introduce Legislation in the January, 2007 ND Legislative session, to License and regulate Internet Poker companies that locate in ND.

My legislation will allow for these ND based companies to do business worldwide, as long as the jurisdiction where the player is located does not specifically prohibit Internet gaming. It will not be an easy fight, but I am determined to move forward. I appreciate and need the assistance of Poker Players and the Poker Industry around the world.

*Edit by Berge20* No solicitations

My contact information is as follows:

Rep. Jim Kasper
ND House of Representatives
1128 Westrac Drive
Fargo, ND 58103
Office Phone: 701-232-6250
Cell Phone: 701-799-9000
Email: jmkasper@amg-nd.com

Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to visit. I am in the office most days, but will be gone tomorrow, Friday, July 28.

Thank you for your support. Please stay in contact.

Sincerely,

Rep. Jim Kasper