Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Early NFL week 4 thoughts

njador, - its a combination of things
1)brunnell hasnt proven hes in sync w/the medium to deep range ball - meaning jacksonville is going to be very comfortable crowding hte box to start - and theyre front 7 is pretty nasty
- brunnel isnt very mobile - and the jax D is VERY good vs the run, and also very good at putting up the pressure - and to this point the skins line hasnt played fluidly in their blocking schemes - they allowing multiple sacks vs good teams and are generally underperforming - i hope brunnel doesnt get broken into 2 pieces, if the skins dont block better than they have all season theyre in trouble
-i dont see the skins being able to stretch the field out and get the type of run attack & short passing game they had last week (duh)
-i think this is a game of field position, and those games i expect to be won in the range of 3 to 7 points, and if i'm taking jacksonville, i dont think it'd be a bad bet to take at +3, but itd obviously be WAY better at +2.5
-shawn springs is still questionable - anyone know if hes supposed to play or not?? I think the sheer size of the jax WO's is a problem for the skins is going to be wright/rumph, which are also underperforming, i think jax will be comfortable picking the skins apart at 3-5 yards a play, and that they wont need to be able to stretch the field out to have success on offense, which is exactly what the skins will have to do (and i dont think will). If the skins are to win i would hope to see them throw the deep ball on one of the first two possessions
- a counterpoint to my thoughts are that i dont think the skins will roll over like they did vs dallas and they are getting better as a team, but i dont think theyre there yet
-I think this is an ugly matchup for the skins
-the mass production of penalties that the skins have going is especially horrible in a field position war
If the skins can force the jax safetys back they have the potential to win, if they can't do that i don't think they can win (along w/good blocking to allow this on the 0-line)