Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Who\'s watching Heroes tonight?

Looks like OOT might have a chance with Ali. From IMDB

Ali Larter:
[ QUOTE ]
"I hate pretty-looking boys. I'd rather have a guy with a potbelly than one who's in the gym all the time and watches what he eats."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM

I don't think we know yet, but I assume some kinda uberbadassness. Along with Hulk/Dr J & Mr. H she's also very derrivative of a charater from JMS's "Rising Stars" comic. Not shocking, since like, almost all the ideas in comics have been done before, but I just don't understand why they have to have characters that so mirror iconic ones like Hulk and Wolverine.

I was hoping the mirror thing was something way cooler. There was a very good Inhuman's mini series a while back by Paul Jenkins. A character had the ability to teleport through relfective surfaces, and eventually used it to teleport into a guy's head through his eyes, that was pretty awesome.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we know yet, but I assume some kinda uberbadassness. Along with Hulk/Dr J & Mr. H she's also very derrivative of a charater from JMS's "Rising Stars" comic. Not shocking, since like, almost all the ideas in comics have been done before, but I just don't understand why they have to have characters that so mirror iconic ones like Hulk and Wolverine.

I was hoping the mirror thing was something way cooler. There was a very good Inhuman's mini series a while back by Paul Jenkins. A character had the ability to teleport through relfective surfaces, and eventually used it to teleport into a guy's head through his eyes, that was pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, dude, all I was thinking was that her character might as well be called Critical Maas. Also, the painting that looks like an atomic bomb going off in NYC also made me think of Rising Stars.

Somebody should make a Powers television show.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM

The more I think about the show this morning, the more annoyed it's making me.

ALL JAPANESE GUY ALL THE TIME PLZ.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 PM

The thing with the Japanese guy...the only reason I like him more than the other characters is because the writing was so much better for him and his friend. The actor also had the most energy out of anyone, since pretty much every other "hero" was all "I'm in a bad place (emotionally or actually) and now I have superpowers so I can do something about it".

Uh, yeah, it's annoying.

EDIT: Oh yeah, but it IS annoying that they decided to name the Japanese character "Hiro".
Old 09-26-2006, 12:48 PM

There's something else to the mirror thing IMO. She barely had any blood on her when she woke up. Her reflection was covered in it. We'll know more when she watches the video.

WiteKnite
Old 09-26-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's something else to the mirror thing IMO. She barely had any blood on her when she woke up. Her reflection was covered in it. We'll know more when she watches the video.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think it IS actually a mirror-ego a-murderin' the bad guys? I think that would be even lamer than her going into some kind of trance and not remembering her actions. It's like she has a not-so-imaginary friend that takes care of her problems. I think the son will come into play later - he'll probably have some superpowers of his own.

By the way - sweet avatar!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:23 PM

Thanks. My league starts up in less than 6 weeks. I am so psyched.

I think either way it's pretty lame. I immediatly "got" everyones powers, except for hers. When her reflection moved a little late, I thought WTF good is that? We'll see.

I'm beginning to dread these serialized shows. One of two things always happens. The first is, the show doesn't do well, gets pulled, and anyone that was watching is pissed because they get no payoff. The second is, the show does great and the writers have to keep piling on the bull-[censored] to keep dragging along the main story arc. It's too bad for me that I enjoy watching serialized shows way more than episodic ones.

WiteKnite
Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm beginning to dread these serialized shows. One of two things always happens. The first is, the show doesn't do well, gets pulled, and anyone that was watching is pissed because they get no payoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this the "John Doe effect". Show had tons of promise but fizzled in the ratings.

[ QUOTE ]

The second is, the show does great and the writers have to keep piling on the bull-[censored] to keep dragging along the main story arc. It's too bad for me that I enjoy watching serialized shows way more than episodic ones.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Lost Effect"
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The Lost Effect"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think X-Files was the series that showed this effect best. God I hate Chris Carter now.

WiteKnite