Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Quick checkup 5/10 6-max

I don't really understand. Maybe if you expected a flop shove if villain has a draw? Then you could eliminate draws from villain's range, and so might not shove a real hand on the turn. Of course villain would have to know your thought process and so believe that you wouldn't shove a made hand on turn. If that's your reasoning I tihnk it is way too deep/thin to work.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Triumph I don't see whats wrong with 4-betting AK. Do you only 4-bet with big pairs/air?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I don't 4 bet anything?

[/ QUOTE ]Oh ya, I forgot. I was just wondering if you thought 4-betting AK wastes the strength of that hand, turns it into almost-air.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's HJ/CO at 5/10 6m. you can expect ranges to be at least somewhat wide here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you're right its wide, but i dont see where i make my money (aside from taking it down pf.) The spot thats [censored] is if either of those guys shove over me its usually always AA/KK. Also, if they call my 4-bet am i really expecting them to lay down QQ/JJ if i push and the flop is unders?

Calling saves me money if MP pushes and I can still likely break them if i flop it. (I lose QQ/JJ hands, but stack the AQ,AJs).

That all sounds pretty bad actually.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:47 PM

if the opponent is a good player, he can easily have a hand like AA/KK here. If river is a broadway and you shove, now what is a big pair beating? Basically no pocket pairs. So he lays down. I'd say that against the right opponents, I will c/f the the flop, c/c the turn and c/f the river, c/r the turn, c/c the turn and push the river, etc.

I think re-raised pots is a spot where it definitely pays to mix up your game. You pick up a lot of decent sized pots with the worst hand and you also stack guys when you have the best hand by mixing up your play.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's HJ/CO at 5/10 6m. you can expect ranges to be at least somewhat wide here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you're right its wide, but i dont see where i make my money (aside from taking it down pf.) The spot thats [censored] is if either of those guys shove over me its usually always AA/KK. Also, if they call my 4-bet am i really expecting them to lay down QQ/JJ if i push and the flop is unders?

Calling saves me money if MP pushes and I can still likely break them if i flop it. (I lose QQ/JJ hands, but stack the AQ,AJs).

That all sounds pretty bad actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
well as you guys might remember from a previous controversial thread, my 4-betting range here is pretty wide. so maybe it's different for me than for others. but I like the 4-bet because you make yourself hard to play against and you dont mind calling a push. for sure their range for pushing is not AA/KK. that's just a joke.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Default RESULTS

Hand #1: He called my push with 99 and the river came a spade so MHIG. He told me it was sooo obvious what I had.

Hand #2: He called the river with QQ, and MHIG .