Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 05:46 PM

Default AQ flops TPGK vs. Maniac

Villain is a the very definition of LAG - Loose, highly aggressive, and loves to push people off of pots. His lead bet on the flop is actually quite typical for him.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($93.85)
BB ($172.49)
UTG ($41.65)
Hero ($64.90)
Button ($14.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $18</font>, Hero calls $18, Button folds.

<font color="blue">As I said, this lead bet is pretty normal for villain. He has an Ace of some sort, probably with a fairly weak kicker. Against this villain I'm pretty much willing to go to the felt with this hand. His turn play confuses me, though. It is NOT typical. Maybe I need to reconsider my plan?</font>

Turn: ($42.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($42.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">SB bets $73.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero........?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: AQ flops TPGK vs. Maniac

Has he shown intelligence in his play? As in, does he bet mindlessly or is he actually betting agressively when he thinks he can get people to fold?

If he seems to be a thinking player, I think you have to fold this. When he checks the turn and you check behind, he's got you pegged on a strong A most often. (What else could you have other than a set?) So when he overbets, he figures you'll think he's bluffing and that this is the best way to make money off his hand. As for what he has... hard to say. 34, Ax 2 pair, set, maybe 65.

This is assuming he expects you to call with the A though... which I think is the case.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:51 PM

agains tthis dude im hitting reload and clicking the call button. You have 1 PSB left on the river...what do you want to happen here? Him to bet 10 and you get to SD cheap?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 PM

I like a call here against the player you described.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:33 PM

Call. Your line is good against this type of player.