Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: $2/4 preflop question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the fact that you do that is very silly. you cannot always expect orgigional limper to fold especially when the limper (hero) is a tag who wont let go of a hand sinced its ususally bound to have value. id say alot more ofton that not we are dominated, and if we do catch any peice of a flop we are asking for trouble.

and limping in with a10 suited utg is not a bad play at certain tables in fact id ussually limp or fold it. the only time to raise that hand utg is at a tight sane table where hand reading abilitys are more prevalant.

can someone yell at me yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. what's silly raising ATs utg? 3 betting a utg limper and a lag raise with 88+? or is it calling the 3 bet from a TAG in mp?

2. why wouldn't the original limper fold? if he had a strong hand, and is a TAG, i'd expect a raise, esp hands that dominate 99s or above.

3. i like raising ATs utg cuz it makes things a lot easier.. limping with a lag behind you is just asking for trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting with 88 is silly unless you have great control over your opponents.
raising utg with a10 suited at anyone other than a tight nit table is bad because yes it is very speculative

the origional limper will fold half the time -maybe- so youll have to play 88 with 2 opponents and not alot of room to improve if behind with a big pot

to help you think like this. at suited is same as j10s if im UTG. if the game conditions allow it play it otherwise dont.