Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Heads up with oesd

Villain was 16/4 over 200 hands. Maybe not the most interesting hand, but I had 5 hands that were pretty much exactly like this today. Heads up I C-B the turn and river and villain c/r'd me each time and each time I had an OESD. Of course I missed every single one

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: 7.75BB
Old 09-25-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Heads up with oesd

Standard play.

Out of curiosity, what was his fold percentage for a turn bet?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:34 PM

Celiboy,

This is a spot on the turn where checking behind with outs or bet semi bluffing could be correct. It depends on villian's post flop play. Is he the type to auto peel a flop and fold the turn or is he a showdown monkey. Does he check/raise often or have you seen him do it before? When he does what does it mean? It would be easy to look at this whole hand and just say check the turn with outs but it really depends on how our villian plays on the bigger streets. Hopefully after 200 you have some sort of an idea about his post flop play.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 PM

no standard with that board. lets read some hands. j and 10 hit alot of limping hands. id definglty check behind on the turn and fold the river. pick a better spot with a bigger pot to get this aggressive sir. i cant blame you for pushing it because a aggresion is good.

the way you played it is fine but keep in mind of what your opponent would have and if hed call a bet on the flop. will he likely fold the a bet on the turn?. dont always get into aggro mode it will cost you money.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no standard with that board. lets read some hands. j and 10 hit alot of limping hands. id definglty check behind on the turn and fold the river. pick a better spot with a bigger pot to get this aggressive sir. i cant blame you for pushing it because a aggresion is good.

the way you played it is fine but keep in mind of what your opponent would have and if hed call a bet on the flop. will he likely fold the a bet on the turn?. dont always get into aggro mode it will cost you money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. It is HU before the flop, you flop overs and a BDSD and make a continuation bet and get called. On the turn you improve to overs and an OESD so you bet again as a semi-bluff. The reason I asked for the fold to a turn bet is because I don't semibluff players on the turn that don't regularly fold the turn. But the play is pretty standard. When a passive player check raises me on the turn I figure I am down to 7 outs to make a straight (I reduce it from 8 for the times he has a pair and flush draw as well as the times we split) so I have the odds to call. I don't improve on the river and the passive player has already said he has at least a pair so I fold my King high hand.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't semibluff players on the turn that don't regularly fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate a bit on this, do you use a rough fold to turn bet % or is it more your general read on the player?
I'm asking because I pretty much always bet the turn here.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't semibluff players on the turn that don't regularly fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate a bit on this, do you use a rough fold to turn bet % or is it more your general read on the player?
I'm asking because I pretty much always bet the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I see a low percentage ~25 Fold to flop bet but a high percentage of fold to a turn bet ~50, I know the player is the kind to peel on the flop very loosely but will lay a hand down on the turn. I will semi-bluff or outright bluff this player as they are likely willing to fold bottom pair or middle pair weak kicker on the turn. If on the other hand I see a high flop fold and low turn fold (especially if coupled with a low fold river value), I can tell the player makes a show down decision on the flop so I should be betting for value on the turn but save my bluffs for another player. If I see low values &lt;33% across the board I won't bother trying to do anything to get him to fold his hand but will value bet a lot more marginal hands since he is telling me he likes to draw w/o the odds.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:51 PM

I check the turn.

I definitely do not keep betting the turn after getting check-raised 4 times.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:05 PM

*grunch*
Check behind on the turn and take the free card.
Your not getting anything to fold that you want to fold and anything that villian would be C/Ring you want in the hand because he will pay off your River Raise.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 PM

*grunch*

This flop is not one that you usually would c-bet on. It is very coordinated, and likely to have caught a villain. HU it might be okay, though.

However, a flop like this would make me more likely to bet the turn. J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't bring home any draws- you may convince villain to fold for 1 BB. Now that you have an OESD, A free card play is really tempting, though. I would have been more likely to bet out without the draw.

Once raised, you have 8 pretty sold outs with a pot laying 6.75:1 (less rake). I think you have to call here.

Good river fold.