Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 03:37 PM

Default worst full house

Live 2-5NL

I just won a big pot o nthe previous hand and have $1,100. Villain on the button is a good, tightish player who often plays higher. However, he has a wide range in position. He has around $650.

One limper and I raise to $20 two off the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button and limper call.

Flop comes J 6 6. Limper checks, I bet $35 trying to look like a wiffed AK, AQ, and only button calls.

turn is a 9, putting two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s on board. I bet $75. Button asks how much it is after seeing me count it out and calls.

River is a Ten, no flush possible. I consider a checkraise for a bit but decide to bet $200. Button comfortably moves all in. I...have around $350 more to call, pot is around $600.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: worst full house

Why wouldn't you call! Calling a raise makess it unlikely he has the case 6 here. He probably has something of the effect of JT and thought you were pushing around overcards or even AJ. Hard to put you on a 6 with a raise preflop. (Especially since your not in one of the two "stealing" positions). For you to be sared, you have to think he has JJ,TT,or 99. REMOTE! maybe he made a straight. Who cares, you have him where you want him. All his chips found the pot.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:05 PM

insta call. dont be scared of JJ 99 1010, otherwise you are playing with scared money. if he has a bigger boat, so be it. Call and tell him to ship it. i think you will see top two 4-5 times.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:19 PM

I doubt he has JT here. Button is no dummy, and what does he put me on that would call his all-in and is worse than JT?

I think he has to have a 6 often here, or TT/JJ. I am in good shape against this range so I called instantly.

He showed 9h 6h and we had a good laugh.