Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: So my brother\'s girlfriend got raped last night ...

Get her to talk to a hotline #1
#2 hopefully she'll press charges
#3 if not, I visit the guy with a baseball bat just to have a little talk... If he's not in the mood, he gets a few to the ribs... If he's still not in the mood he gets a few shots to the knees to ensure he'll never be able to carry a passed out girl to his house again... If he's still not in the mood the scissors come out and I doubt I have to explain what they would be used for....
Old 09-24-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#3 if not, I visit the guy with a baseball bat just to have a little talk... If he's not in the mood, he gets a few to the ribs... If he's still not in the mood he gets a few shots to the knees to ensure he'll never be able to carry a passed out girl to his house again... If he's still not in the mood the scissors come out and I doubt I have to explain what they would be used for....

[/ QUOTE ]Good God I hope you come back and read this again in a couple years. Very, very ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:42 AM

What would you guys do if she did press charges, but zero DNA evidence was found and the guy walks even though you're 99% sure he's guilty?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:47 AM

<shrugs> Whatever felt right.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 AM

prison is gunna hurt him waaaaaay more than any ass beating you are gunna give hin. And any violence on your part just puts you at risk for prison.

He needs to get his girlfriend to press charges. He also needs to get her some sort of counceling.

Also, why the hell would anyone leave their GF who is totally balls out drunk and passed out alone in a room is beyond me. take her home, sheesh. I bet there is more to this story tho, cuz it doesnt add up quite right [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Good God I hope you come back and read this again in a couple years. Very, very ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were in this situation and had the ability to do something violent without getting caught, would you? I can say that I would, without hesitation or reservation.

As it stands, I think we can all agree pressing charges is the way to go.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys do if she did press charges, but zero DNA evidence was found and the guy walks even though you're 99% sure he's guilty?

[/ QUOTE ]

make a thread about it?
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM

I really hate the psychology of this situation. I absolutely HATE knowing that a good chunk of girls who get raped never report it. I understand there are deep psychological reasons (despite the fact I can't explain them myself...)

I just breaks my heart and pisses me off that in a situation like this...so many girls refuse to press charges or tell someone for one reason or another [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before everyone forms a lynch mob, allow me to play devil's advocate (if you don't understand that term stop reading now).

If she was so drunk that she couldn't do anything, then why are we taking what she says as absolute fact? You can't have it both ways. If she was so drunk then you have to accept that her version of the story is at least somewhat unreliable. Maybe she told the guy that she wanted to bang him and then she came to she had second thoughts. And if she was being raped, why didnt she scream at all or put up any kind of resistance? Surely if this were a party someone would have heard if she was being raped, right?

Now I'm sure everyone will flame me because that is the PC thing to do in situations like this but these are exactly the type of questions she will have to answer if she wants to prosecute this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So several witnesses see him grab an unconcious girl that he does not know and takes her to his apartment......
And you see no problem with that?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before everyone forms a lynch mob, allow me to play devil's advocate (if you don't understand that term stop reading now).

If she was so drunk that she couldn't do anything, then why are we taking what she says as absolute fact? You can't have it both ways. If she was so drunk then you have to accept that her version of the story is at least somewhat unreliable. Maybe she told the guy that she wanted to bang him and then she came to she had second thoughts. And if she was being raped, why didnt she scream at all or put up any kind of resistance? Surely if this were a party someone would have heard if she was being raped, right?

Now I'm sure everyone will flame me because that is the PC thing to do in situations like this but these are exactly the type of questions she will have to answer if she wants to prosecute this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So several witnesses see him grab an unconcious girl that he does not know and takes her to his apartment......
And you see no problem with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those witnesses are key. Also, getting rape convictions isn't THAT hard because there's a guilty until proven innocent mentality that a lot of people have in these situations.