Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: HSP Season II Wrap Up

[ QUOTE ]
Good post Barry. So, based on your comment in paragraph 2 what did you think of Daniel's play this season?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well gee I think that's pretty clear, you don't expect Barry to just come out and call Daniel a donkey do you?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Didn't see enough of Juanda. Wish he had come on earlier in the season and the producers showed more of his play.

Saw way too much of David Grey. He's worthless.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see enough of Juanda. Wish he had come on earlier in the season and the producers showed more of his play.

Saw way too much of David Grey. He's worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez yea, i hope he doesn't come back at a later pt...
Old 09-23-2006, 08:46 PM

First thing they have to change is to make it available on my cable ! I hate this show for the reason that I can't see it, and it sounds pretty cool
Old 09-23-2006, 09:32 PM

Big thing for me was I used to think Daniel was a good player, but I thought he played absolutely terrible in HSP season 2.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, if it were someone else in BG's seat it would have been WORSE, but there were still plenty of donkeys getting on his case here over the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember all the hands don't get shown. One main difference between me and many of the other players is when I play junk, I raise with it because I detected weakness. Other players often call with junk. The producer told me he could have put on several hands with me forcing out the best hand preflop, but it would be redundant and boring.

Also, I played short because I didn't want to be a hypocrite. I always preach to people that the way to win at poker is by limiting your losses. I wanted to show that you don't have to panic and force the action just because you got unlucky. I got Aces beat in big pots in both seasons, but I still won.

I have rarely been called a tight player. I played tighter than normal because I always got full action on my good hands. If my opponents would have adjusted against me, I would have loosened up.

Another note. Eli wasn't criticizing me. He was just commenting how I played a short stack, just like in a tournament. Of course, this meant that I couldn't play as many speculative hands.

I don't intend to play tight or loose. I try to play right, and that is always dependent on how my opponents are playing.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you be playing in season 3? I hope so. You're probably my favorite player to watch/listen to.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you be playing in season 3? I hope so. You're probably my favorite player to watch/listen to.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1
Old 09-23-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First thing they have to change is to make it available on my cable ! I hate this show for the reason that I can't see it, and it sounds pretty cool

[/ QUOTE ]

My cable company dropped GSN from the regular cable line-up a few weeks ago, so I'm now paying $30 more a month for digital cable just so I can see HSP. It's that good.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As bad as he played wasn't Eli actually up? Won some huge hands.
And with Antonio wasn't it the reverse? Played well but was very unlucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by unlucky you mean outplayed by jen harman you would be correct sir
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 PM

Changes I'd like to see:

- No more props. I wouldn't mind if you could follow along with the prop bets, but constantly hearing the players talk about them when you have no idea who has what is pretty lame.

- Control Gabe Kaplan. He really started getting on my nerves. It seemed like every time a player was telling a story you could barely hear it because Gabe was talking over them. And enough about David Grey already, one impression was plenty.

Speaking of David Grey, I can't imagine him coming back for next season after being ripped apart by Gabe Kaplan so much.