Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Stars $27 Turbo, TT first hand

meh, fold but its close
Old 09-23-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Totally irrelevant...if hero is playing this its for set only whether he flops overs or not...its quite an easy hand to play, just assume your beaten PF and goto the felt with a set only...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it irrevelant? If you call and the flop comes 9 6 2 rainbow you have a hell of a choice to make.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:16 PM

Call and play for set value. If the original minraiser pumps it up, curse and fold. It's not that big a deal.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Totally irrelevant...if hero is playing this its for set only whether he flops overs or not...its quite an easy hand to play, just assume your beaten PF and goto the felt with a set only...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it irrevelant? If you call and the flop comes 9 6 2 rainbow you have a hell of a choice to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a raise and a RR I am only getting involved PF hoping to stack a QQ+ postflop. If you feel you would have a heck of choice to make on the flop then you ABSOLUTELY must fold in this, and all like circumstances in your pf game because you have no postflop discipline. Yeah, of course you may be looking at 88 and AK, but then you are looking to check down and not put any more money in.

IOW, First, you are only calling this PF when you know you are certain to be closing the action and; Second, and this is the important part, you want one of these PF raisers to have a monster because that's the whole point of playing TT here for set value...if they have 88 and AK and you hit your set youre not getting paid off so in a nutshell, you are HOPING they have the goods...otherwise your implied odds suck.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a raise and a RR I am only getting involved PF hoping to stack a QQ+ postflop. If you feel you would have a heck of choice to make PF then you ABSOLUTELY must fold in this, and all like circumstances in your pf game because you have no postflop discipline. Yeah, of course you may be looking at 88 and AK, but then you are looking to check down and not put any more money in.

IOW, First, you are only calling this PF when you know you are certain to be closing the action and; Second, and this is the important part, you want one of these PF raisers to have a monster because that's the whole point of playing TT here for set value...if they have 88 and AK and you hit your set youre not getting paid off so in a nutshell, you are HOPING they have the goods...otherwise your implied odds suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

So typing like a retard so someone actually gives some in depth analysis DOES work!

P.S. I own you at Special Tee
Old 09-23-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After a raise and a RR I am only getting involved PF hoping to stack a QQ+ postflop. If you feel you would have a heck of choice to make PF then you ABSOLUTELY must fold in this, and all like circumstances in your pf game because you have no postflop discipline. Yeah, of course you may be looking at 88 and AK, but then you are looking to check down and not put any more money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So typing like a retard so someone actually gives some in depth analysis DOES work!

P.S. I own you at Special Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, so in total, you have what? 5 stars now? where's voltron been?

anytime, anywhere...I just cleaned off my 7 iron