Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Situation Play

http://www.pokerhand.org/?521563

this is the second time i have made a move like this against villain. so i imagine that he may call me here with 99+,AK,AQ. however, i feel like his min-raise range is very wide and he probably won't risk it.

before i push this im thinking i wonder if he will call me with KQ. i decided that he wouldnt but i guess i was WAY off. This is strange to me because i haven't really been pushbotting at all because i havent had a good chance.

thoughts?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Situation Play

if youve done it more than once, he wont raise with such a wide rangeIMO. Therefore this is a fold, specially sing its 300/600 and one guy had 3BB.

Also hes the 2nd biggest stack, i fold and pick a better spot.

I hate pokrhand.org!
Old 09-23-2006, 05:45 PM

This is a fine hand if villian is capable of folding here. Clearly based on the results this is a bad push, however usually I would do this without a read that villian is calling crazy loose.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if youve done it more than once, he wont raise with such a wide rangeIMO. Therefore this is a fold, specially sing its 300/600 and one guy had 3BB.

Also hes the 2nd biggest stack, i fold and pick a better spot.

I hate pokrhand.org!

[/ QUOTE ]

someone having 3 bbs is the reason that i made this play. Also, im thinking that this will blind shorty down even further if he doesnt pick up a good hand. if he does pick up a hand i dont mind racing with him having that extra 1200 in the pot.

what i do mind is original raiser calling. i think his range is still really wide because he was really really wide to begin with. This is why i did it the first time. he was min-raising UTG everytime. how can i survive if i can't get any pushes in. after i saw him fold the first time, i thought he was capable of laying it down.

this play ended up costing me the tournament as i ran directly into KK on the next hand with AJ. so, is this a move that is just not going to work at the 11's speeds or is this just rot.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:14 PM

Jaws - You are the SB and Terrag is not on the blinds right?

If so, how does this play affect him? Even if he got JTs and you raised i'd say he's pushing no matter what. Hesgetting short, if he sees a good hand i think hes racing you everyday.

Play the big chip stack with a big hand, dont reraise out of spite. if you do, make it 3k. If hes folding to a push he'll probably fold to a 1800extra raise unless he has the goods.

If he pushes after that or calls then you either see a flop with your junk or you can fold and have around 4.5k left over.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:20 PM

newbie, original raiser is UTG and shorty is BB.

UTG has TJs and shorty folded leaving himself with 2bbs.

you really must hate pokerhand.org, lol.