Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Luxor limit action

[ QUOTE ]
THe Luxor page says they spread 1-5 stud. That alone means the page is outdated. The user reviews do not always state what limits are offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do spread it. It's "Offered" just like everywhere else. The game information listed is what is provided by the poker room staff. If it doesn't go, it's not avp's fault for posting it as an offered game.

But as the site says, if you have updates or changes that you know of, email info@allvegaspoker.com and they'll verify them and do the necessary changes.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't even bother, the Luxor has the sorriest room in all the strip.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. Luxor blows.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THe Luxor page says they spread 1-5 stud. That alone means the page is outdated. The user reviews do not always state what limits are offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do spread it. It's "Offered" just like everywhere else. The game information listed is what is provided by the poker room staff. If it doesn't go, it's not avp's fault for posting it as an offered game.

But as the site says, if you have updates or changes that you know of, email info@allvegaspoker.com and they'll verify them and do the necessary changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's a complaint I have against AVP then. Good site overall, but what's the point of saying a room spreads 1-5 stud when you and I both know we can go to the Luxor every day for the next year and we'll never see a stud game. What's the point of saying Binions has 10/20 hold 'em when they're hard pressed to get a 4-8 game going? The page would be more useful and less misleading if it just said the games that regularly go.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:52 AM

Well there's a suggestions/comments section in the forums, as well as that email address I linked. If people don't suggest stuff, they'll never know what's wrong or what people are looking for. Remember, a site like that is built 90% on the users, not the owner.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:39 AM

You might try the AVP forums instead. I moderate the forums there, and in the individual poker room threads, I list the games/limits that are commonly found being spread instead of just those "offered".

I also list what is founf during peak hours, versus around the clock.

Here is a link to the AVP Forums:

http://www.allvegaspoker.com/forum/
Old 09-23-2006, 02:43 PM

Hello Daytripping: I'm happy to hear you like the site overall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -- Your frustration with the games 'offered' is understandable, and it's something I'm working on fixing now. In the near future all of the games/limits will be labeled as either 'occasionally offered' or 'regularly offered'. I think this will clear up much of the confusion.

FWIW, the last time I was at Luxor (probably 6 or 7 months ago) there was a stud game going. Very unusual I know. But it does happen. I've also been in Binions when there was a $10/20 game going. Go figure.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:06 PM

AVP - Thank you. I enjoy the site.