Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 PM

Default QQ from CO on safe flop?

Reads: Button raises preflop and post-flop with any paint + rag; frequent bluffer. No reads on BB, he's new to the table.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds...

Standard? There was a lot of bluffing and raising on the come at this table, but I couldn't find many hands that would raise on that flop that are worse than mine.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Re: QQ from CO on safe flop?

im not sure that this is a safe flop...

6 players, paired board, holding an underpair against a PF cap, with someone likely to raise behind you.

nice fold.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 PM

Yes, I figured a raise was likely from behind, so that definately amounted the most towards my decision to fold. And indeed it was capped on the flop. This was probably the most LAG .02/.04 table I've played at. The strange thing at this table was one player was sitting down w/ $500, one w/ $1,000, and another w/ $3,700 or so. I was very puzzled. I searched their names and also found they were not even multi-tabling. I think just messing around with worthless (to them) chips. Often people said stuff like "ok, soon I've got to switch to a real poker table." I felt bad because this is the kind of action many people say goes on at .02/.04. Particularly people with a bigger BR lol. But this is truely the first micro limit I've played with players like this.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:09 PM

u get that sometimes, its a blessing, just hunker down, and wait for your hand.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM

Yes indeed. This same play that I believe is criticized most my higher limit players, is the sort of play I find most profitable at low limit tables. I did come up more BB at this table than any of the others I was playing today. However I realize I have to make adjustments to these kinds of extraordinary LAG tables, including folding more often with what I think is the best hand against semi-bluffs.