Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Neteller - worst site ever ...

I created my account back in 2004. All of the sudden, last week, they blocked my account. I didn't do anything illegal, weird money transfert, or anything out of the ordinary.

Day 1 :
I talk to someone at the investigations department. The person refused to tell me why the account was blocked. They wanted me to provide a copy of y bank account and an ID. I tell her I don't receive bank statments anymore (I get them online), so she says a phone bill is OK provided it's the same phone number that is registered on neteller. She tells me that the account will be reactivated within an hour or 2 after the reception of the documents.

Day 2 :
Account still blocked. I call them, and the guy tells me it should take 24-48 hours.

Day 4 :
Account still blocked. I talk to someone who tells me I was given the wrong information. It's not 1-2 days, but 3 to 5 business days. She verifies that they did receive the email ... and confirms it. She tells me, however, that the documents are classified in the order thay are received and tells me to wait some more.

Day 5 :
Account still blocked. I talk to another person. He tells me that I was given the wrong information. It takes 1-2 days for the investigation department to receive the information, then 3-5 days to process it.

Day 8 :
Account still blocked. I talk to the 'day 5' guy again. He puts me on hold while he checks with the Investigation department. After a few minutes, he comes back and askes me to send the email again, to a different address. WTF ?? Anyways, I do it. I resend a picture of my drivers license and phone bill to the new email address provided to me. Upon reception of the picture, he tell me that the phone bill won't do. He wants me to send a copy of my bank statement. I tell him that the first person I talked to said the phone bill would do. He said that he didn't see any traces of that in my call history, and said he needed a copy of a bank statement to reopen the account ...

WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER .................
Old 09-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Neteller - worst site ever ...

Standard
LoL DonkTeller
Old 09-22-2006, 02:35 PM

Yeah, NETeller pisses me off too. Their customer service is horrendous, half the time I have to send like 3 emails before I even get a standard form response that doesn't answer my question. Every thread I read here talks about how FirePay sucks and you should use NETeller, but for me FirePay >>> NETeller.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:47 PM

cant complain my was also locked once and livehelp unlocked it within 5 min
Old 09-22-2006, 02:52 PM

never had a problem with them ever. best customer support i've dealt with. YMMV apparently.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:56 PM

They have good support.
Better do deal with them on phone or chat than email though.

ToT
Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never had a problem with them ever. best customer support i've dealt with. YMMV apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Same.

[ QUOTE ]
Better do deal with them on phone or chat

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Phone support is very helpful.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:20 PM

Either you guys who post this kind of stuff are hiding something, or you're incredibly unresourceful when it comes to getting things done. It's really quite simple...

If my account were totally legit, you better believe I'd have an answer on why it was being blocked within my very first phone call. If not every detail, then at least some sort of reason. Companies engaged in for profit businesses don't just go around blocking accounts and pissing off customers for no reason.

Once I found out what the reason was, I'd send in whatever info they requested (within reason). Of course, that's assuming I was legit (which I doubt a lot of the people who post these kinds of problems are). There is absolutely no reason for it to take weeks to correct something that was a mistake on their part. You also should be able to get compensation for the inconvenience they've caused. Of course, again... That's assuming they didn't block your account for legitimate reasons you're not telling us.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM

The only encounter I had with Neteller support was when I was in London, UK on vacation. I made a Neteller transaction and they blocked my account.
I called customer support from the UK and explained what was going on, gave them all my personal info on the phone, they unlocked my account, gave me access again and told me to call them back when I was back in the US so they can relock access from outside the country.
Neteller was nothing but helpful to me and looking out for my best interest.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:53 PM

my account was blocked. i rang them up was put on hold for ages, spoke to someone who had to put me through to someone else, put on hold for ages, get asked exactly the same security questions that the other person just asked me. He tells me someone has accessed my acount from another country which is why they blocked the account, I ask htf someone has got my password he says "oh sorry the computer has made a mistake, nobody has accessed your account, I'll unblock it now" Great way to spend 45 minutes.