Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Dog Grooming and Anal Glands Question

Yikes. She just emailed me this link.

"... Next lift the dog's tail upwards firmly with your left hand and press on both sides of the dog's anus using your thumb and your index finger with your right hand. When beginning this procedure, often times you will be able to notice a bulging and this indicates that the anal glands are obstructed. When the anal glands are emptied out correctly this bulging usually goes away. Next, wash out the black, brown, or gray substance that comes out with shampoo in order to get rid of the unpleasant odor. If you see that this procedure is complicated, if the dog seems to be in a lot of pain, or if the substance that comes out of the dog's anal glands is green, it could mean that there is an infection in the anal glands...."

No [censored] way. Absolutely no [censored] way I would ever do this. I'm on the verge of retching just thinking about it.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 PM

Our dog's anal glands would swell up and need to be excreted every 4-6 weeks, the money spent on the surgery to remove them was the best money ever spent.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:43 PM

We have thought about that. However we cut out almost all people food we occasionally gave ours and just feed him dog food. He has fewer problems that way at least so far.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yikes. She just emailed me this link.

"... Next lift the dog's tail upwards firmly with your left hand and press on both sides of the dog's anus using your thumb and your index finger with your right hand. When beginning this procedure, often times you will be able to notice a bulging and this indicates that the anal glands are obstructed. When the anal glands are emptied out correctly this bulging usually goes away. Next, wash out the black, brown, or gray substance that comes out with shampoo in order to get rid of the unpleasant odor. If you see that this procedure is complicated, if the dog seems to be in a lot of pain, or if the substance that comes out of the dog's anal glands is green, it could mean that there is an infection in the anal glands...."

No [censored] way. Absolutely no [censored] way I would ever do this. I'm on the verge of retching just thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously thats why you pay the groomer to do it
Old 09-22-2006, 01:47 PM

I've never heard of this before, what happens if you don't milk your dog's [censored]?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:51 PM

If you get a gay dog you probably don't need to bother with this. Not sure how you can tell a gay dog apart though. Maybe bring a few home, turn on "The View", and see if any actually watch it. Presto, his butt will get more than enough attention.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get a gay dog you probably don't need to bother with this. Not sure how you can tell a gay dog apart though. Maybe bring a few home, turn on "The View", and see if any actually watch it. Presto, his butt will get more than enough attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a gay dog if he dresses like this:

Old 09-22-2006, 02:00 PM

Normally a healthy dog will express the anal glands whenever he takes a dump - they should only need to be squeezed if they get impacted somehow. It's a relatively common problem, but there are also plenty of dogs that go through their whole lives without ever having their ass squeezed.

My cat actually had an anal gland impaction. He was licking his ass non-stop and mewing a lot, wouldn't sit down normally. I figured out what the problem was and (wisely) locked him in the bathroom until I could get him to the vet. Hours later when I went to take him in, I opened the door and the whole bathroom was coated in a thin layer of cat-butt juice, and the cat was just sitting their with a very contented look on his face.

The vet said he got the majority of it out, but she went ahead and squeezed out the last little bit. They took him away into the back room, but I think the whole vet's office could hear him yowling - he just wasn't having the finger up the butt.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally a healthy dog will express the anal glands whenever he takes a dump - they should only need to be squeezed if they get impacted somehow. It's a relatively common problem, but there are also plenty of dogs that go through their whole lives without ever having their ass squeezed.

My cat actually had an anal gland impaction. He was licking his ass non-stop and mewing a lot, wouldn't sit down normally. I figured out what the problem was and (wisely) locked him in the bathroom until I could get him to the vet. Hours later when I went to take him in, I opened the door and the whole bathroom was coated in a thin layer of cat-butt juice, and the cat was just sitting their with a very contented look on his face.

The vet said he got the majority of it out, but she went ahead and squeezed out the last little bit. They took him away into the back room, but I think the whole vet's office could hear him yowling - he just wasn't having the finger up the butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will gladly go my entire life w/o almost anything to avoid finding my bathroom covered in "cat butt juice." I can think of no more disgusting find than that.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:06 PM

moved to pog?

Edit: Oh, NT thought this was a joke post as a part of LPS. Interesting...