Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: The Facebook Thread

It was weird, the guy spammed several threads with four or five links to the profiles in question. Just a short message, then the links, no indication that he had sent the chick a link to the thread or anything.

Honestly, nobody who's been around OOT for long enough to think posting that sort of stuff is a good idea should be surprised when their profile gets sniffed out. If they post anyways, they should be held accountable. In this particular case, OP may be lying, telling half-truths, or be telling the whole truth, but no matter what the case, he almost certainly knows this girl in real life. It would be hilarious - and entirely appropriate - if he was lying and she saw the thread and confronted him about it, a la The First Trainwreck. It would just kind of suck (for him) if he was telling the truth and she saw it. I couldn't care less if he doesn't get laid again because he's outted, though. And I think its laughable to worry about some 20-year old college chick damaging 2+2 in any way for what she posted in her profile and for what this kid posted in a thread here.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:39 PM

We're always asking for pics, if NT let the trainwreck happen it would discourage great threads like that from ever occuring, or they would occur but without pics, with some semblence of a safety net we will have more threads like that which is a good thing.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it's been OOT's policy in the past to not lock/move/delete threads for this reason. I thought I remember there being discussion on this and it was determined that if the OP is stupid enough to start threads with trainwreck potential, he would have to live with the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or face a 30 day ban, which is what happened.

FWIW- the salient point here is that trainwrecking a forum makes 2p2 a launching grounds for [censored] bugging people, and that's not good for 2p2 as a business. If people would cease with trainwrecking, we could enjoy these threads without a problem.

Also- if you bang a hot chick and don't do it that often, exposing yourself to the internet with the potential to have that blow up is not a good idea.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:42 PM

NT,

A. posting about sexual escapades and posting their pics was what made brian a hero to some. chicken never posted links or descriptive info which made it extremely difficult to identify the girl. difficult for one poster to be a hero and the other to be a douche.

B. whether a poster is lying is a litmus test for moving threads? i wont name names but there are plenty of posters who are full of it. ive never thought those were reasons to move/delete/disrupt those threads.

it seems chicken posted what he wanted and should live with it.

(i know you'll be a good mod. i just have to haze you a bit on this decision.)
Old 09-21-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're always asking for pics, if NT let the trainwreck happen it would discourage great threads like that from ever occuring, or they would occur but without pics, with some semblence of a safety net we will have more threads like that which is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brainwashed. There's no shortage of stupid people, don't worry.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM

NT,

If that was a made up story, it will make me very sad.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it's been OOT's policy in the past to not lock/move/delete threads for this reason. I thought I remember there being discussion on this and it was determined that if the OP is stupid enough to start threads with trainwreck potential, he would have to live with the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or face a 30 day ban, which is what happened.

FWIW- the salient point here is that trainwrecking a forum makes 2p2 a launching grounds for [censored] bugging people, and that's not good for 2p2 as a business. If people would cease with trainwrecking, we could enjoy these threads without a problem.

Also- if you bang a hot chick and don't do it that often, exposing yourself to the internet with the potential to have that blow up is not a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except bodysurfing forums, right?
Old 09-21-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was weird, the guy spammed several threads with four or five links to the profiles in question. Just a short message, then the links, no indication that he had sent the chick a link to the thread or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

which incident are you referring to here? I thought the guy just claimed he knew chicken10der's info.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NT,

If that was a made up story, it will make me very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

WTF man, you are enough of a baller that you do not need to live vicariously through this dude.

Anyway I am sure you have the resources to determine the veracity of the source if you were really so inclined.

NT
Old 09-21-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone pm me a facebook login so i can check out more pics of this chick. all the bugmenot ones are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too plz [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I still have that thread cached in a different tab, I was saving it to read later. I can rehost the pics and PM them to you if you want. Let me know.