Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin Gossip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However I actually have continuously suggested a way by which he could start repairing his name,

[/ QUOTE ]
His name has started repairing. You may never move on but many already have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not generally one to FYP, but in this instance...
Old 09-20-2006, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how big of an affiliate ZJ was, but its ridiculous and naive to think he paid tens of thousands of dollars 'out of his own pocket.' I'm sure he didnt do that.

More likely, he had affiliate account in another name, got the money, paid it out, and seemed the better guy for it.

FWIW, I think ZJ contributes a lot here and seems to have learned lesson, but when he had tens of thousands seized by party (and pokerstars?), he's obviously on shorter BR and this isnt the time we'd expect him to turn into mother teresa.

[/ QUOTE ]10s of thousands could come from about 5-10 people, which isn't that many people...either way at least 3k is more than expected. If I was under an affiliate who didn't get paid for the month, I'd expect $0 coming my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't get paid for the month, how would he know how much to pay out?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]not sure how, but people could provide pokertracker screenshots for example, or based on previous months or something.

nath,
"Cliffs notes: the very things that make multiaccounting MTTs +EV are what make it unethical and anyone undergoing the practice would have to be aware of them. "

the reason multiaccounting was +EV was b/c you're a +EV tournament player. If a -EV player multiaccounted, he wouldn't suddenly be +EV.

pokerbob,
I don't think your logic is right. Playing poker and being an affiliate were separate businesses. You say should ZeeJustin's customers be punished for something ZeeJustin did? Should ZeeJustin's one business be punished for something his other business did wrong?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shaniac,

I think you yourself suffer from a bad combo. And that is being a cheater or cheater apologist at the very least, and not being therefore smart enough to stay out of debates about the issue.

You did IIRC excise your blog archives fairly quickly after the ZJ cheating scandal to protect yourself didn't you? Yeah, thought so.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much would it cost to get you to NEVER mention ZJ ever again, in any shape or form?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how big of an affiliate ZJ was, but its ridiculous and naive to think he paid tens of thousands of dollars 'out of his own pocket.' I'm sure he didnt do that.

More likely, he had affiliate account in another name, got the money, paid it out, and seemed the better guy for it.

FWIW, I think ZJ contributes a lot here and seems to have learned lesson, but when he had tens of thousands seized by party (and pokerstars?), he's obviously on shorter BR and this isnt the time we'd expect him to turn into mother teresa.

[/ QUOTE ]10s of thousands could come from about 5-10 people, which isn't that many people...either way at least 3k is more than expected. If I was under an affiliate who didn't get paid for the month, I'd expect $0 coming my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he didn't get paid for the month, how would he know how much to pay out?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]not sure how, but people could provide pokertracker screenshots for example, or based on previous months or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a stretch. Unless someone can report different the simple explanation is he received his last payments from PP, calculated what he owed people, and made his payouts.

PairTheBoard
Old 09-20-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he probably only paid it because he realized if he didn't he would get whacked. thats gangsta talk for [censored] up.

if i had a ton of money, and paying out 10k+ to people that are rightfully owed it, and it kept me from getting f'd in the a, i would.

if he thought he could have got away with it, he possibly would have. and then justified it with more of his pathetic and ignorant reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch Boyd never paid and didn't get f*cked in the *ss by anyone outside of his crew to the best of my knowledge
Old 09-20-2006, 10:34 PM

Who is this ZeeJustin of whom people speak so passionately?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the basis for many of your arguments is that ZJ is a liar. well, many don't think he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Just out of curiosity, who actually doesn't think ZJ was lying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me.

Seriously, who really cares?

He has paid his dues and done his time. Wtf do you really want from the kid?
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw this post yesterday and forwarded it to a friend who had ZJ as his affiliate. He is way more active on this site than I have been lately, but I guess he has been too busy or didn't care enough to reply. He said he earned about $500 in rakeback that month, and has not yet been paid. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure he never expected to get any money, and still doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. So this post kind of gives the lie to what OP wrote doesn't it? More scumminess. Of course I guess it's possible that ZJ just paid those customers he liked best and stiffed the rest.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this post yesterday and forwarded it to a friend who had ZJ as his affiliate. He is way more active on this site than I have been lately, but I guess he has been too busy or didn't care enough to reply. He said he earned about $500 in rakeback that month, and has not yet been paid. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure he never expected to get any money, and still doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. So this post kind of gives the lie to what OP wrote doesn't it? More scumminess. Of course I guess it's possible that ZJ just paid those customers he liked best and stiffed the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]It's also possible a ZeeJustin hater like you just made up that post, it's a two-way street.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:39 AM

ZEEbo, I'm just wondering, why do you come out with this now, after so much time?
Closed Thread