Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would they look better in black & white?
Yes 13 50.00%
No 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: AVERAGE SPEED VIII: GAME THREAD

GG OH and other wolves, GJ village.

durr- thanks for modding

MDD- the way you pushed for chuckles so much, i was almost positive that you were seer and peeked him. When he died and was a wolf, i was ready to listen to anything you say, instantly. Dont trick me like that!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:02 PM

Oh yeah

Hornacek,

Next time you are almost certain wdc is a seer and has peeked you as a wolf, for godsakes don't vote me at a critical time. It accomplishes nothing if you are certain you've already been peeked. The fact OH voted for me doesn't bother me, because he wasn't certain he was peeked. I was going to fake seer and take wdc out for you.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:29 PM

Well I must say that having the other seer die early put a lot of pressure on me...the shortline/xorbie picks were bad and there was a learning curve but i dont think i would change any other pick

I find it interesting that MDD still has a problem with me picking him as he was an obvious villager when OH who was also thought to be an obvious villager turned out to be the last wolf.

As far as MDD riding me after I came out as seer for my noob picks. Honestly that was kinda irritating. This game revolves around deception/accusation/interrogation and I expect confrontation as it relates to game strategy but this kinda went overboard. However, MDD has changed his avatar and i think at least half of my irritation was due to my having to look at Ben Stiller's jackass face.

That said, if you want to continue to attract new players, less personal attacks (obv not related to game strategy) might help. As for me, my work schedule changes drastically this sat so very likely no more long games for me but i will play turbo's when possible

last note: The only wolf i almost picked was fnord but someone openly suggested the pick and i thought it might be a trap to get me to waste a pick on someone was going to get eaten
Old 09-21-2006, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah

Hornacek,

Next time you are almost certain wdc is a seer and has peeked you as a wolf, for godsakes don't vote me at a critical time. It accomplishes nothing if you are certain you've already been peeked. The fact OH voted for me doesn't bother me, because he wasn't certain he was peeked. I was going to fake seer and take wdc out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I'll fix it next time bro! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But....I never missed a single day! I've seen far worse AFKness in games and honestly, it wasn't as big of a deal as Nich and Soah made it out to be at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh; again, i didn't make it a big deal

yet again, i had NO problem with you not posting as much as usual this game...i simply stated that my read on soah was BETTER than my read on you since he had posted so much...again, NO ISSUE with your posting

me saying that i have better read on soah because he posted so much does not imply that you posted too little
Old 09-21-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry i couldn't post all day [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i shoulda just voted for oh in the morning, but i thought i'd be back to hotel before 10pm and didn't wanna rush final day decision

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have gotten you lynched quicker I think. Early vote wolf heuristic.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup; another reason i didn't vote in the morning; half of me was afraid of being wrong if i made a quick vote and the other half was like, even if i'm right, soah may vote me so i need the time in the evening to both figure out for sure one way or the other and to convince the other villager to vote the wolf

unfortunately i got back 10 mins too late; thank u soah for giving me until 10pm in case i did get back earlier

i did not have my own rental car so did not have flexibility in getting back
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 PM

McNutty,

Sorry to have ridden you so hard about that, you really didnt do that bad.

I thought the general consensus was I was a villager, and thats why I didnt like the peek of me. That was the main one I had trouble with. Especially after me being ALL OVER Chuckles and he came up wolf.

Overall I think you did a good job.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:38 PM

The general consensus was the OH was a villager as well.