Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM

Default QQ OOP, When should I hit the brakes?

No real reads, Villian plays a slightly too loose.
When the flush comes, should I because he most likely has an ace or just made is flush?
Is he calling with an ace or two pair enough that I should even be value betting my set?

100nl 6max
Button - ($81.95)
Hero UTG - ($98.50)

SB - Posts small blind $0.50
BB - Posts big blind $1
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, Button calls $4, SB calls $3.50, BB folds
*** FLOP *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
SB - Checks
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, Button calls $9, SB folds
*** TURN *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, Button calls $14
*** RIVER *** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
<font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="red">Button All-In(Raise) to $54.95</font>
Old 09-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: QQ OOP, When should I hit the brakes?

I c/c the turn. and probably the river too. as played your getting like 5:1 on the river so you have to be ahead 17% of the time. call.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:56 PM

why did you bet the turn? I don't see what this bet accomplishes, and getting raised here would be really bad.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:12 PM

Flop:

If the button and small blind where pretty tight preflop, I would probably check-fold the flop. If it checks around on the flop, than bet out the turn.

But you say that the button was slightly too loose. So a bet is fine too. Even if they are tight it is ok too.

Turn:

Ok, button has called with position but with the sb yet to act too. The ace is out there. So likely calling hands are an ace, flush draw (a little more unlikely than usual since the ace is out and suited aces are not possible flush draws, but since he is slightly loose maybe he called /w suited connectors), set, maybe middle pair depending on the player.

I think I would check fold at this point. You want him to check behind. Unless you knew he floats a lot or some other read like that.

River:
Value bet here is fine. You may get calls from ak, 2 pair, and lower sets. You lose to the flush and straight and aaa. Straight is backdoor. So you only have to worry about those suited heart connectors kq-98 &amp; 65-23 hearts and aa. Bet looks fine, calling the raise looks good.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:51 PM

Come to a screaming halt on the turn. He called the flop with either a flush draw or an ace a vast majority of the time.