Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin Gossip

Well...coming from someone who has known ZJ for years (online only, and no...not online in poker...we have many mutual friends and hang out in the same IRC spots) I think it comes down to the fact that kids do stupid [censored]. All kids. All of you guys who can't get past what he did, I understand it, but take a long look at your past, especially when you were young, and tell yourself there's nothing there you're ashamed of.

I'm POSITIVE his apology was genuine, if presented in a little bit of a weird way. Not that that excuses his actions, but it takes a strong person to admit to a bunch of internet strangers something like that all the while not mentioning (and still paying out) all of the rakeback.

Being able to forgive someone is a very good quality to have in life. Poker players by nature are beyond cynical, and therefore struggle with this alot of the time. From my experiences with cheaters in Magic throughout the years, I've learned that it's just healthier for the soul to accept that people make mistakes, forgive them if they show contrition, and move on.

Makes life a lot more fun, no jokes.

Worth
Old 09-20-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take a long look at your past, especially when you were young, and tell yourself there's nothing there you're ashamed of.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done plenty of stupid [censored] but it's never crossed my mind a single time to cheat someone in a game of poker. or any game. im the most competitive person in the world, and i will not lower myself to winning by shortchanging someone else.

when i first started playing poker a friend and i would just play with some others for fun. he'd try to get me to tell him my cards, offer to tell me his cards, etc. i don't wanna know stuff like that. the only advantage i want over another player is skill.

[ QUOTE ]
Being able to forgive someone is a very good quality to have in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure. hard for me to accept a person who's lied, cheated, and made excuses for lying and cheating and is now supposedly on the up-and-up. i got a long memory. i used to hold the pettiest of grudges for years. now when something like that happens, i don't hold a grudge. i simply no longer acknowledge that person's existence.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:21 PM

All I know is, if I knew I could make multiple accounts and play in the same tournament I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't know why its even a big deal for all of you to hate on the kid like he's committed murder or something. I don't know ZJ from a hole in the wall, but I know poker players are always looking for edges and he saw one. If the poker community saw the same edge, everyone would have done the same thing.

Whatever.....whatever.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the poker community saw the same edge, everyone would have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. and i and others resent that comment.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the poker community saw the same edge, everyone would have done the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. and i and others resent that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you were better than the other players and you could have mutiple entries into a tournament....why wouldn't you. We all know now that doing something like this is forbidden, but did players really know it was "illegal"???
Old 09-20-2006, 02:40 PM

Yeah,

ATM, I agree with you. I also would not have done that, and people posting generalizations like that don't really further discussion. My original point still holds though, just because the stupid stuff you did wasn't poker related, or cheating at a card game, doesn't mean what I said should apply any less.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I know is, if I knew I could make multiple accounts and play in the same tournament I would do it in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a shame.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are way off here. i DO think that many would have had the following internal dialogue, however.

-"Hey, I can enter this tournament several times. Awesome. This is like being able to multi-table. Cool"

-"Wait. What happens if I end up at the same table with myself? WTF? Oh man, this sucks. I can't do that. Damn."

IMO ZJ had the first conversation with himself, and not the second. Does that make him the cold-hearted cheater that many holier-than-thou types on this board paint him to be? No. Does it make him a dumdum? yes.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Don't know how big of an affiliate ZJ was, but its ridiculous and naive to think he paid tens of thousands of dollars 'out of his own pocket.' I'm sure he didnt do that.

More likely, he had affiliate account in another name, got the money, paid it out, and seemed the better guy for it.

FWIW, I think ZJ contributes a lot here and seems to have learned lesson, but when he had tens of thousands seized by party (and pokerstars?), he's obviously on shorter BR and this isnt the time we'd expect him to turn into mother teresa.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:30 PM

ZJ wasn't a very big affiliate to the best of my knowledge.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know how big of an affiliate ZJ was, but its ridiculous and naive to think he paid tens of thousands of dollars 'out of his own pocket.' I'm sure he didnt do that.

More likely, he had affiliate account in another name, got the money, paid it out, and seemed the better guy for it.

FWIW, I think ZJ contributes a lot here and seems to have learned lesson, but when he had tens of thousands seized by party (and pokerstars?), he's obviously on shorter BR and this isnt the time we'd expect him to turn into mother teresa.

[/ QUOTE ]10s of thousands could come from about 5-10 people, which isn't that many people...either way at least 3k is more than expected. If I was under an affiliate who didn't get paid for the month, I'd expect $0 coming my way.
Closed Thread