Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 3....(YTD: 34-27-1, +9 ujnits)

[ QUOTE ]
I think Jacksonville will run on Indy, but I'm concerned about the effect of going on the road with a short week after the Monday night home game.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW they're +4.5 -109 for first half at Pinny (I haven't shopped around) if you're concerned about late game fatigue.

Lori
Old 09-19-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling an upset in Indy, impressive. Best of luck on the week, Assani.

[/ QUOTE ]

be even more impressive if u were betting the ML.

I love because Phili lost late to the Giants they suck yet...Minni barely beat either Car or Wash...both two average teams in their current state..and yet they should be favorites over any team at home.

Minn is no where near as good as you seem to believe and Phili is no where near as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ageed, and when Philly rolls SF and MIN gets pounded by the bears it may be a wake up call
Old 09-19-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jets +5.5 at Buffalo, o/u 34.5
Jets are my surprise team this year, so I'll stick by them. I see this as a low scoring game that the Jets will cover even if they lose. Buffalo shouldn't be able to score more than 14 points here imo.Jets +5.5(3 units), under 34.5(1 unit)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just posting what I said in another post

"I really like the bills in this game to win outright, but I think the spread is pretty dead on, mainly for the reasons stated above (Mcgahee vs a weak Jets Run D). The bills provide the jets with a horrible matchup. Pennington probably has the weakest arm in the NFl right now. And if you have ever been the Ralph, you know that you need to throw a tight spiral and have an arm. Also since the bills are a tampa 2 team, you need a QB that can hit the deep outs and the long posts over the middle, neither of which I believe the Jets can do. Look for another long day of McGahee, and a low scoring game. I'd say something like 19-10 bills. Perhaps the under at 34.5 is the better play"

The Bills provide serious matchup problems for the Jets. Should be an ugly game

-Ftball
Old 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love because Phili lost late to the Giants they suck yet...Minni barely beat either Car or Wash...both two average teams in their current state..and yet they should be favorites over any team at home.

Minn is no where near as good as you seem to believe and Phili is no where near as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ageed, and when Philly rolls SF and MIN gets pounded by the bears it may be a wake up call

[/ QUOTE ]So what happened last week? I've been telling people all year that Philly is overrated and Minnesota and Jacksonville were underrated?

How come last week wasn't a "wake up call" for you? If Philly wins and Minnesota loses as you predict then do I get to say "Oh well...but week 4 will be a wake up call for you"? How about admitting that you were wrong regarding last week?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So what happened last week? I've been telling people all year that Philly is overrated and Minnesota and Jacksonville were underrated?

How come last week wasn't a "wake up call" for you? If Philly wins and Minnesota loses as you predict then do I get to say "Oh well...but week 4 will be a wake up call for you"? How about admitting that you were wrong regarding last week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that I didnt say anything about either team last week, so I don't know what you are referring too.
To say that Philly is bad because they gave up a lead late is just strange. They were a play away from winning 34-7 and if Carolina doesnt try the fake punt, they probaly win.... so then what, now suddenly Philly is great and Minn can't beat a good team without there second best player.
Those games are the ultimate of judging teams by who won.
Are you saying that MIN will win this week and PHI will lose, because I will go on record to say that neither will happen. This doesn't mean that I think that MIN is bad, but not nearly as good as the other top teams.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 AM

How exactly can a team that has been ranked to finish last in their division almost every NFL publication months prior to the start of the season be considered overrated???

Minn barely won in OT against a team that got completly destroyed the week prior and is in complete disarray.

Phili dominated the Giants for 3 quarters then had a meltdown with fumbles etc in the final quarter...and the Giants pulled of a miracle comeback.
The Giants are a superior team than either Car or Wash or even Minn.

Why would last week be a wakeup call for either team?

If Minn puts a beat down on Chi then yes its a wakeup call...that would be impressive
If Phili gets up by 14 points on SF in the 4th quarter and lose in OT then yes its a wakeup call on Phili. Neither outcome is likely...so Phili will remain a very good team in a tough division and Minnsota will remain a solid team in a lousy division.

And how was I wrong about last week?

"
your kidding about the being one of the best teams right?
they aren't even the best team in their own division.--TRUE

they beat a crappy team without their star player-portis at 100%.
and they barely beat them...squeaked by--TRUE

both teams looked crappy.--TRUE

I don't see Carolina being as good as everyone says, SB bound etc, but there is no way Minn is a better team than Carolina...Carolina is just [censored] right now cuz of Steve Smith's injury. --TRUE"

Minn won in OT field goal...honestly...with a healthy Steve Smith you don't think that greatly affects the outcome?

Like I've said all along...Minn is a solid team...but until they dominate or at least win by a TD against a good team you can't call them great or one of the best teams in the league. Nothing stands out about them
great qb-no
great rb-no
great wr-no
great def-no

their solid all around n dont make many mistakes.

so far and have gone against two teams who were missing their star player and who are in disarray and not playing well--both times they sqeaked a win out at the end of the game with 3 points.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tenn +10.5(55 units)

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a typo right

edit: posting this so the nits dont jump on you one way or another after the game ends.

[/ QUOTE ]Eh, mistakes happen. I'm man enough to stick with my mistakes and take responsibility....55 units it is!

[/ QUOTE ]Play on the year. lol. How is Tenn not a favorite in this game? Are the oddsmakers already assuming Joey will play? I am stacked up heavily against Miami and I will be all year as long as Daunte is playing or until the lines adjust dramatically. I have nicknamed Daunte "retirement fund" as he is going to be the one building mine. I had to suffer through too many years of his horrid play as a Viking fan. Miami now gets to see how bad this guy is. He was the most overrated player in the league by a HUGE margin. The way the ball just fell out of his hand last week was priceless. it is nice to see him detroy a different team for a change.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like I've said all along...Minn is a solid team...but until they dominate or at least win by a TD against a good team you can't call them great or one of the best teams in the league. Nothing stands out about them
great qb-no
great rb-no
great wr-no
great def-no

their solid all around n dont make many mistakes.

so far and have gone against two teams who were missing their star player and who are in disarray and not playing well--both times they sqeaked a win out at the end of the game with 3 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with that. At Chicago I give Minnesota a small chance, at home they might be able to pull it off if Chicago has an off day. While the Vikings finished the season last year on a nice run let's not forget Rex Grossman put up some big numbers in the playoffs last year and this year has looked nothing but the same. The bears can score some now, and still have the most cohesive defensive unit in the league. I think this sunday Chicago will put Minnesota into perspective, and if I'm wrong about it perhaps it will change mine. Still I personally won't bet the game with Minnesota being at home in their dome, +6 on an even playing field seems right to me for this game.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:08 AM

I agree w/everything you said CharlieDontSurf

get em
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been telling people all year that Philly is overrated and Minnesota and Jacksonville were underrated?

[/ QUOTE ]
Jacksonville is underrated, but I thought that was common knowledege...

I'm not sold on Minnesota. My money is on the Bears this week.

The Eagles/49ers may be close to a pick em, but this is a game the Eagles have to win and should win. I might tease this to make it pick em.