Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 01:28 AM

Default KQ all streets debatable

Villan is loose and aggro. He RR-es my button steals alot. He runs like 50/25/5 over a small sample size. Whats your play here?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $780.20
UTG+1: $64.40
CO: $307.60
Button: $62.35
orange: $228
BB: $200

Pre-flop: (6 players) orange is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, orange calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">orange bets $13</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($42, 2 players)
orange checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $22</font>, orange calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($86, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">orange bets $55</font>

Like it? Lost value somewhere? Bet turn always? c/r anywhere?

thanks.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: KQ all streets debatable

I think it has merits as played. I probably bet the turn, especially if he may go over the top. I think a turn c/r allows him to get away from some of the hands he will call/raise with. River c/r would be risky with a chance to lose a lot of value, but if he is as aggro as you think it could be fun.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 AM

flop is okay, although sometimes I will check if I think UTG is strong and will bet out flop.

I definitely like a c/r on the turn. Are you trying to control the size of the pot with your c/c? Only AK and 77 beat you. What do UTGs stats look like? How wide is his 6-max utg raising range? I think c/r &gt; lead &gt; c/c on turn.

as played i think the size of river bet is okay

EDIT: oops, missed his stats. pretty wide range, I'm guessing it includes KTs, KJs, KJ at 25% pfr, as well as 66+ .
Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 AM

i almost never lead the flop like this, i also think a squeeze can be good preflop.

i like c/r'ing the turn if you lead flop or if you c/c flop.

I like the preflop and flop play a lot. Nice. I not sure about the turn check. Actually I don't mind it if you intend to check raise a weak looking bet like this, and I think that would've been the better play. But I think 3/4 pot would've been a fine play also. I don't like check call the weak bet though.

As played I hate the river. The hands you were ahead of very likely just hit. Either the flush or k j. If it was meant to be a blocking bet then I understand the thinking, but I think it was a little big. I think you would be better off checking the river, and letting him either bet/bluff worse hands, or value bet hands that beat you. Thats an ugly river card, and I want to get to showdown. I think check/call is the way to go on river. FWIW I just got my ass handed to me when I moved up to 1 2 though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bet turn. As played I check river, usually call, sometimes c/r.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:44 AM

Fold preflop.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As played I hate the river. The hands you were ahead of very likely just hit. Either the flush or k j. If it was meant to be a blocking bet then I understand the thinking, but I think it was a little big. I think you would be better off checking the river, and letting him either bet/bluff worse hands, or value bet hands that beat you. Thats an ugly river card, and I want to get to showdown. I think check/call is the way to go on river. FWIW I just got my ass handed to me when I moved up to 1 2 though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, KJ and flush draws hit, and hero's bet is small enough to fold to a large raise. I think betting picks up value from medium-strength hands like TT-QQ that would probably check behind. I don't see too many hands villian has at the river that he is going to try to make a desperate bluff with.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm no

OP: I'd just bet 30 on the turn, if you check I like a small c/r. I think that gets more money into the pot when he has a pot he wants to see showdown with, since I think most hands he will fold to the c/r he will fold when you donk the river anyway.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 AM

no likey. Bet turn 2/3rds pot. I know, you think he's floating you. If that's the case, I c/r. I know everyone will say, "oh but youre letting him off the hook witha c/r" but, I DONT CARE!!!! so HA!!!! Im c/r to give mileage to my cbets for future hands which will make me more than this line will on this particular hand.