Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Should I bother? Should I?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Villain is a LAG he could be betting a GS draw or low pair or a monster his donks have several meanings.
Is a better line here just to call the flop and fold to a turn bet?
Or is the flop raise ok but I ought not bother with the river call?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Should I bother? Should I?

How about betting the turn and taking a free showdown UI instead. If he donks alot of hands , you still have a good chance to be good here heads up. You don't want to raise to take a free card unless you are pretty sure you are behind, since it will cost you when you give a free card to a gutshot and all the un-paired crap he probably has. Heads up AK is a decent hand, unless you run into more aggression on the turn or river.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:38 PM

If he really is a LAG why not exploit his overbluffing and just flat call down? This is a very likely board for him to bluff at since it's so likely that it missed us.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 PM

I like raising the flop and betting the turn and then taking the fsd UI and betting again on river if we hit an A or K. THis line works well to fold villain's small pp's /6/7 a lot of the time and if he is drawing he'll be paying to do so. The turn bet is a type of semi bluff in that we probably have 6 clean outs and might get him to fold a small pair if we have a good image.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:32 PM

Just call the flop. Depending on turn and river cards I'm likely to call him down.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:01 PM

I usually just call the flop. Having raised, I probably bet the turn for the free showdown and to keep bluffs away.