Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Did I misplay this?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?513647

Most of the reason I pushed was american misfits had been reraising any little bet and I wanted to be the one to put the pressure on. Everyone is ITM at this time, just wondering if this is a pot I need not make a play like this at or did I make the correct play and just get unlucky? All advice welcome, thanks.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Did I misplay this?

I don't like the way you played this. A8s is not a good limp here, your stack is to small compared to the blinds. You've got reverse implied odds if you hit the ace, and given stack sizes you haven't got good enough implied odds for the flushvalue.

Your flop bet is also not very good, a good opponent could actually consider calling you with deuces, because the play screams out that you are on the flushdraw.

Given the hole cards of this particular hand, this vas a bad beat, because you got your money in as a favourite. So, your opponent was the one who played the very worst.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 AM

Yes! Your M is 5,7 here and open-limping potential drawing hands and small pocket pairs is absolutely horrible. You should be looking for situations to open-push or come over the top with a big hand. With 2100 already in the pot, I'd open-push here from your position.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:10 AM

Push PF for teh win. As played, flop push is ok. Incidentally fiksdal, you're pretty ecstatic if deuces call your push here since you're a big favorite (60-40) with plenty of dead money in the pot.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:21 AM

Thats true soulman, it was just a really bad example of how some villains call a push easier than a PSB. A PSB would of course basically be to announce that you are all in though. Anyway, I guess I wouldn't really know what to do on this flop.