Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 PM

Default Bad Beaten by Interpoker Montly Bonus

Hello,

I've been playing on Interpoker for 5 months, mostly because of their 100$ monthly bonus for 500 raked hands reward, but recently I have been really bad beaten by them.

They made changes in September to the bonus by allowing only 1/2$ and above limit and no limit games to earn any raked hands. That means that even a 300$ pot playing NL100 wont be considered a "raked hand" even if they pick up that 3$ rake from the pot. So, you can't even unlock the bonus unless you play higher stakes.

Well, I didn't know they had made that change. Reading their site, here's their September change :
From 1st September 2006, all hands played on 1 / 2 Unit ($/£/€) tables and above, where ANY rake is taken will count as a raked hand.

I misinterpreted this statement, thinking that from September 1st, all hands played on 1/2 unit and abovem where ANY rake is taken will count as a raked hand BUT that lower stakes would still get 1/4 and 1/2 of a raked hand WHEN the pot is high enough (as it used to be in the previous months).

So I make a deposit earlier this month, work my way up and email them to ask for my current raked hands count. They tell me I played 436 raked hands and eneded to play 64 more, so I played like 70 more, still no bonus so I email them again. They tell me I played 495 and need 5 more. So I play like 20 more hands where at least 1$ is taken away from the pot and still no bonus. So I email them AGAIN, and they answer me by saying that I have ZERO raked hands and that they're sorry for the confusion. What the ?!?!?

I had a real bad week and lost about 650$, I thought I'd get at least the bonus like I used to, but NO. If I had known, I wouldn't have played there, and maybe not lose as much money! I asked them if it was a joke (they never joke), and nope... zero raked hands... so I paid a lot of rake that went into higher stakes players rewards without getting any of it. They kept me playing by telling me my number of "raked hands" instead of telling me I had none... just to pick up more and more rake off me.

So I'm not going to play there anymore... there are no incentive at all for lower stakes. I don't know what they were thinking. People will just go on other Crypto Skins where they can actually get the bonuses they want or play other skins. Most stupid move ever from Interpoker... I'm not going to play there ever again, they disgust me.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Bad Beaten by Interpoker Montly Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm not going to play there anymore... there are no incentive at all for lower stakes. I don't know what they were thinking. People will just go on other Crypto Skins where they can actually get the bonuses they want or play other skins. Most stupid move ever from Interpoker... I'm not going to play there ever again, they disgust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were thinking that they don't want unprofitable low stakes bonus whores who generate far less rake than the bonuses they claim. It's called a business decision.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were thinking that they don't want unprofitable low stakes bonus whores who generate far less rake than the bonuses they claim. It's called a business decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I generate more rake than what the bonus gives me playing NL100.

EDIT : It used to be 500 raked hands to get the bonus... doesn't matter what limit you play, 500 raked hands is 500$ of rake taken from the pot, low stakes or not.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 PM

play higher stakes if you want to claim the bonus? read the T+C? i don't really see how you got screwed here?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm not going to play there anymore... there are no incentive at all for lower stakes. I don't know what they were thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grinding out the bonus at 1/2 limit is just about the easiest thing ever. You're an idiot. I'm sure you can switch from NL to limit for the easy bonus.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 PM

100 bonus with RB that doesn't deduct at 1/2 limit, doesn't get much nicer
Old 09-18-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still generated far less rake than my bonus playing $1/$2 limit. Generated just over $40 in rake for $150 in bonuses.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:19 PM

I play at the Gold/Platinum VIP level at Stars. Interpoker told me that they do not want my business. They first told me this 6 months ago, and recently they sent a follow-up e-mail to let me know that they still don't want my business (I had not attempted to log into their site in the intervening months).

Interpoker makes poor business decisions all the time.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 PM

The bonus got a thousand times easier. Switch to 1-2 limit, play uber tight if you don't like or play limit well and the bonus will be cleared in no time. Why not play limit to knock out this bonus and then if you prefer NL clear the Sun Poker bonus by playing NL where you can get 200 dollars in bonus and rakeback?
Old 09-18-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bonus got a thousand times easier. Switch to 1-2 limit, play uber tight if you don't like or play limit well and the bonus will be cleared in no time. Why not play limit to knock out this bonus and then if you prefer NL clear the Sun Poker bonus by playing NL where you can get 200 dollars in bonus and rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why everyone should learn to play Limit reasonably well just to clear bonuses. They clear so much faster with limit play.