Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 05:57 AM

Default Re: WOW sick beat

[ QUOTE ]
And the chip chop is very generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, chip chop HU is perfectly fine if you're going to chop without considering differences in skill etc.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the chip chop is very generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, chip chop HU is perfectly fine if you're going to chop without considering differences in skill etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee still stiffed Rambo in his proposed deal - it's off by ~$8k by my calculations.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Rambo Got Swindled

I think if Rambo5 wants any deal at all he has to give up quite much....why else would short stack agree?
If I were the shortstack in that situation i wouldnt take like $240K...Remember that Rambo5 was the instigator of the deal-talk. Not a good spot when negotiating.
My 2 cents.
/Andy
Old 09-18-2006, 06:15 AM

he got like 35% of the contested prizepool for 15% of the chips... redonkulous deal
Old 09-18-2006, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if Rambo5 wants any deal at all he has to give up quite much....why else would short stack agree?

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. As long as Rambo actually wants a deal hes got to give up quite a bit. No shortstack will take a deal that basicly gives them second place money.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee still stiffed Rambo in his proposed deal - it's off by ~$8k by my calculations.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be but in any case it is completely absurd that people get to this stage with 10's of thousands on the line but with 0 understanding about deal making, and are just asking from lee to "give them the numbers". He could be off by 50% or something for some reason (he might be tired, who knows) and no one will understand or notice. It's absurd. But I guess it's extremely +EV for people who know what they are doing, simply to get into a deal against someone who is scared and clueless, regardless of how much he has...
Old 09-18-2006, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. As long as Rambo actually wants a deal hes got to give up quite a bit. No shortstack will take a deal that basicly gives them second place money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not quite accurate. A chip-chop is a represenation of the chances of winning the thing. A very short stack has a very small chance and should rightly get only a bit more then 2nd place. It makes perfect sense. That's what dealing and equity calculations are about. Of course if the big stack is scared for some reason, it's a whole different thing.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:10 AM

Damn I need to learn how to win these things.

I dont mind at all of lunoid getting a good deal, and I doubht anyone else who has played cash games with him does either ;-)
Old 09-18-2006, 07:26 AM

The point is that...if there is gonna be a deal at all...it is in that neighborhood.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that...if there is gonna be a deal at all...it is in that neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in the neighbourhood if you're willing to give your opponent more than twice the amount he desereves according to chip count EV. It might be "only" 25K difference, but it's basically throwing away money. I think people are missing something here if they think it's reasonable (also considering the deal does not include the 30K they still play for, of course). But whatever.

Maybe the thing that confuses some posters here is the idea that a short stack is worth "more" in $ than its chips value in MTTs's final tables and SNGs. Well of course it is true, but not when it is heads-up.