Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: 50/100 Deep

pushhhhhhhh pre and you officially have no decision to make on this ugly ass flop.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:26 PM

okay so i get it, everyone says push preflop, well that didnt happen. now what should line should the op be taking on the flop?
Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 PM

The consensus is to put it in preflop and I think I agree but I still am not entirely convinced.

In big live games that I play, this type of situation (pf raise, reraise, reraise, etc.) rarely comes up and against this particular villian I believe he will fold any hand except aces nearly 100%. Risk vs Reward

Anybody know what the probablity that a "safe" flop for aces vs kings will come up?

I check flop trying not to look disgusted and he checks behind. Turn blank.

Hero???
Old 09-18-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a very similar hand the other day. The thing with my range is, sometimes I will 5 bet bluff preflop in order to get my opponent to fold...however I (and most other good players) will not just call a pf 4 bet without AA-QQ ((most likely towards the top of that range) so I would just push preflop). If he folds KK, well then that is pretty exploitable.

-Mike

(note: I AM EXTREMELY DRUNK)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's so exploitable...how often do you try getting a guy off of KK for 35K preflop with only 4K invested to win 12K oh right. never.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's so exploitable...how often do you try getting a guy off of KK for 35K preflop with only 4K invested to win 12K oh right. never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you really mind a fold preflop, if you already have 8k from him? Why not give him a chance to make a mistake. BTW, how many players at this table? Theres a difference between 9 and 4 people sitting at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]You shouldn't be thinking about how much you have in from him, you should be thinking instead of how much is in the pot, as that money is how much you are contending for at that instant.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:03 AM

Just wondering, would anyone raise less than all in PF?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:35 AM

Against a tricky opponent I'm more likely to just stick it all in here. You got the best hand obviously preflop and the pots already pretty big. If he's tricky he could be doing this with any PP really not putting you on such a big hand (until you called the 4bet). Therefore and flop is scary. This one is especially scary. I'd probably fire 10k on the flop... and if he pushes it's like what? 15k to win to win 55 that'll be in there with an overpair and a gutshot to the nuts... so you basically gotta call if you do that. I dunno I really really really hate this spot... interested to find out what happens.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i once had a dream with this same exact hand.

only i got it in preflop and won a big pot vs AK and never had to consider folding on a nasty KJT flop. then i ate steak off vanessa milano's ass while bjork told me how her day went.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 AM

I can't believe you just called the 4-bet pf if there was a chance you weren't willing to get it in on any flop. This would be different if you were deeper, but when Villain makes it $8,800 I think you are now too shallow for that kind of a play. You're way better off just pushing AI preflop so that you don't have to deal with a flop like this, a pot with 180bb and ~260bb left to bet.