Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Yukon Brad on Rounders the Poker Show tonite

We have Brad Booth on Rounders the Poker Show tonite to do "NL Cash 101". Brad will take questions and talk about some basic concepts for players new to the game. We will also get him to talk about some of his fun hands from the big game at the Bellagio as well as his appearance on High Stakes Poker.

The show can be heard live here from 11pm to midnight PST, or archived at my site early next week.

Please post any qustions you might have for Brad, saving me hours of prep work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Yukon Brad on Rounders the Poker Show tonite

Tuco-

[brownnose] The show has been on a really great run. You guy's have been strong from the start and have really stayed true to form.[/brownnose]

I'd like to hear his take on the hand in the "High Stakes" episode where he drew a straight flush on the turn vs. Daniel, flat called Daniel's turn bet, then raised Daniel on the river and announcing that he had the straight flush while Daniel is deciding whether to call or not (after Daniel said he had a straight). Very ballsy, but in retrospect, was it the right play? Did he think he could goad Daniel into calling by "claiming" to have a straight flush in a situation where Daniel would most likely fold (low end of a straight with three flush cards on the board)? Looking back would it have been better to say nothing?

I also think it was great that he didn't flip his cards after Daniel folded. Especially after Jennifer Harman (I think) incorrectly said she had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (making his straight flush impossible-although a royal would have been possible). Very smooth and a nice table image enhancement!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:29 PM

Does he play any plo8? If so, does he play live, online - comments about hand selection, position, betting etc.. if he does indeed play it. thanks for the heads up. Oh yeah, has he played with any of the LATB guys and when will we see him on the show?
Old 09-17-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuco-

[brownnose] The show has been on a really great run. You guy's have been strong from the start and have really stayed true to form.[/brownnose]

I'd like to hear his take on the hand in the "High Stakes" episode where he drew a straight flush on the turn vs. Daniel, flat called Daniel's turn bet, then raised Daniel on the river and announcing that he had the straight flush while Daniel is deciding whether to call or not (after Daniel said he had a straight). Very ballsy, but in retrospect, was it the right play? Did he think he could goad Daniel into calling by "claiming" to have a straight flush in a situation where Daniel would most likely fold (low end of a straight with three flush cards on the board)? Looking back would it have been better to say nothing?

I also think it was great that he didn't flip his cards after Daniel folded. Especially after Jennifer Harman (I think) incorrectly said she had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (making his straight flush impossible-although a royal would have been possible). Very smooth and a nice table image enhancement!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the only hand that he played on HSP?
Old 09-17-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I only catch bits and pieces.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:38 PM

He answered this before, i can't remember if it was on Rounders or the circuit though. I think it was the latter.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I only catch bits and pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the only hand they aired. Brad said somewhere (maybe his previous appearance on Rounders?) that he'd played at least a few hands before the straight flush hand.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:29 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

hes been on rounders before and i think answered about the str8 flush hand
Old 09-17-2006, 06:58 PM

I just re-skimmed the June 18th show (when Brad was last on) and I didn't hear anything about the hand in question. I don't think that episode of HSP aired until July or so (I didn't catch it first run). Anyway, if the topic is too blase now or previously answered I apologize all.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:59 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

maybe it was on the circuit, my bad