Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 05:04 AM

Default Re: \"Jerry Falwell is more dangerous to America than Osama Bin Laden\"

[ QUOTE ]
they're both nutjobs who think that God speaks directly to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

there has been others on higher position using the same language.
what's scarier is that some of those realy believe in this.
what's even more scarier is that they have followers who believe in that too.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So Bush has the blessing of Jesus to invade Iraq to enrich his buddies by getting business for the military industrial complex and simultaneously raising oil prices which of course also enrich his buddies. Good thing he is able to have oil prices plummet prior to the election, therefore most adverse electoral consequences of his conquests can be mitigated, and he and his incumbent buddies can maintain their power. I think I'm slowly learning Whiskey, thanks for the enlightenment.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really should watch "Why We Fight" for the true understanding of our motives for invading Iraq - -

you basically summarized my points ineffectively - let me do you one better -

yes, it's about money - it's always about money with them - before lives, before the good of the American people, and before the safety of the world -

it starts with how they can acquire as much wealth as possible and the Military Industral complex makes it possible.

watch the movie - it's an award winning film -

rb
Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 AM

How do you define dangerous? Terrorism against america isn't very dangerous for the most part.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 AM

Falwell is more dangerous because he is actually in america and lots of wackos (in the US) believe that god actually talks through him

what would happen in america if Jerry Fallwell had his way? Civil rights would be replaced with biblical law.

Big daddy, despite what you've heard on right wing radio, the left is not some monolithic being. Its funny how all you listeners have the same opinion of issues...You need to do more thinking and less listening.

Kickabuck...so you think its good to get gouged for gas 22 months out of every 24? Do you STILL support the occupation of Iraq?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you define dangerous? Terrorism against america isn't very dangerous for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like you to explain this to the families of 3,000 dead Americans.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:53 PM

OK everyone, I'll break this down as simply as I can.

Combine all the fringe elements from both left and right: Throw Ann Coulter, Jerry Fallwell, David Duke, Michael Moore, George Soros, and Cindy Sheehan all in a room, and what you have doesn't present the slightest fraction of danger to America that Osama Bin Laden presents. Why? Because, last time I checked, none of the above mentioned total obliteration of every American as one of their stated objectives. None of them will take any and every opportunity to kill you the way Osama Bin Laden will. Sure, they may have divergent views on taxes, welfare, abortion, civil rights, and invading Iraq, but at least there is a consensus among these far Left and Right folks that killing Americans is a bad thing (unless of course your name is Ward Churchill).

Even for a moderate allowance of hyperbole, Seder's statement is irresponsible and stupid. It blows my mind that some of you don't recognize it as such.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like you to explain this to the families of 3,000 dead Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know anyone who died that day. I don't know anyone who had family that died that day. Hundreds of millions of people in this country are in the same position as I am. Hundreds of millions of Americans are at far less of a risk from terrorism than they are from choking at dinner.

Most of us aren't scared. Or, we shouldn't be scared.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anyone who died that day. I don't know anyone who had family that died that day. Hundreds of millions of people in this country are in the same position as I am. Hundreds of millions of Americans are at far less of a risk from terrorism than they are from choking at dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not posting something of substance, but all I can say to that post is "wow"
Old 09-16-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not posting something of substance, but all I can say to that post is "wow"

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I agree with the original claim, I don't think it's true. But are you telling me I should be afraid of some terrorist trying to kill me? And if I should be, why shouldn't I be afraid of the hundreds of other things that are MORE LIKELY to kill me?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:20 PM

George Bush has killed 2,600 americans so far (that we know of), Osama, 2,990.

anyone who thinks that some guy half way around the globe is a greater threat to average americans than US corporate interests (WAR), lead by GWB has been doing an excellent job listening to what they are told by the corporate media.

You are not in danger from arab nationalism, the real threat is to american business interests in the middle east. That is why the media is so keen to vilify islam.