Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Serious Subject Integrity

If grim had reason to believe that the other dude was not going to go all-in regardless of what he had then you can't really fault grim for folding.

Taking this further what if the other dude had pushed with A8 and grim folded. grim would be considered a super db when the truth may be that his opponenent was infact planning on folding unless he had better than average.

I'm not saying this is what happened though...
Old 09-16-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Might be some sort of gamblers code or something I don't know about, but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

Douchebaggy move to agree and then back out, but even more stupid to actually put your money in with 23o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samething happened to me the other day. My friend lent me $100 bucks and I told him I would pay him back. Now Im like "Why would I want to give someone $100 if I can jsut keep it for myself. Thats totally -EV".
Old 09-16-2006, 07:54 AM

dudes, i don't really see the problem. grim thought that the small EV gained by being a c0cksucker in this hand was worth losing his integrity as a poker player and obviously losing the trust of every high stakes poster on this forum, that's his choice. no one can blame him, he was faced with a decision and he decided that integrity or trustworthyness wasn't worth it. just be sure to not [censored] FORGET this, alright?

ps. i am also v dissapointed, i certainly didn't think grim would be such a douche about stuff like this. yeah you broke no rules so obviously it was fine? it's such a shame.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might be some sort of gamblers code or something I don't know about, but how people would expect an unknown (basicly just a screenname on the net) to call of a decent months wage when they look down at 23o is beyond me.

Douchebaggy move to agree and then back out, but even more stupid to actually put your money in with 23o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Samething happened to me the other day. My friend lent me $100 bucks and I told him I would pay him back. Now Im like "Why would I want to give someone $100 if I can jsut keep it for myself. Thats totally -EV".

[/ QUOTE ]
Except they aren't friends. Which is my whole point really. Don't trust random internet dudes, people will [censored] you over if given the opportunity.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:14 AM

If he didn't trust him he should have said "no" to the all-in offer.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah because your friend loaning you 100 dollars and flipping 5k with someone you've never met before are almost exactly the same
Old 09-16-2006, 08:22 AM

Are you retarded? Grim agreed to go allin. This is pure angle shooting. If he didnt want to do it, then he shouldnt have agreed to it as TD pointed out obv.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarded? Grim agreed to go allin. This is pure angle shooting. If he didnt want to do it, then he shouldnt have agreed to it as TD pointed out obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

then just say that next time?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 AM

If you are going to stay on the internet playing poker the rest of your poker life and not ever attend a tournament live, hang around at wsop when your old enough etc, then fine, your decision won't concern you (except for moral problems perhaps).

On the other hand, if you plan to ever actually get to know some poker people (and most gamblers actually do kind of "live" this life in one way or another which means like actually PHYSICALLY interacting with people, attending some tournies etc), then I suggest you [censored] send the guy 5k or something; you cannot even imagine how frozen out you will feel if you ever attend some kind of "poker get-together" and have this [censored] behind you.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he didn't trust him he should have said "no" to the all-in offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously. I think no one is disputing that Grim was a prick here. Comments are just wether it was smart to trust a random internet dude (Grim) with 5k in the first place.
Closed Thread