Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 06:34 AM

Default Final EPT satellite, advice please!

I am playing a final satellite tonight to win an EPT package. The buy-in is €470, which is around $650 dollars.

This is my first ever attempt to qualify for an event and im am not particularly experienced at sats per se. My background is in STTs and I have watched sheet's sit n go lectures so I have a reasonable idea about pushing, equity and calling. I have also read the Adanthar posts on sats, which helped me get this far. However, I would like some advice on the specific dynamics of this sat I will be playing...

I think there are likely to be only 14-18 players playing, as the majority seem to have used the sat system as well. It certainly won't be a large field in any case. This means that there is likely to only be one seat on offer, maybe with some money left over for second.

How should this affect my play at all stages, given that I HAVE to WIN. How should this affect my calling ranges of small stacks, medium stacks, big stacks?? Which stacks are preferrable to push into (presumably still large stacks)? Where will the 'bubble' occur (2handed/3handed)? How is it best to reraise in these sats shorthanded- all in so to threaten their stack? Also, at this level, what do you believe the level of understanding of sats will be, and how exploitable will this be?

Some advice on the differences between this particular sat and a multiple seat sat would be much appreciated.

Regards
Mr.P