Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 12:18 AM

Default River c/r decision

I have no reads on the 2 players in this hand, as this came up in the second orbit. On the river I went for the check raise, as I thought UTG might have been betting his TP or even 2nd pair, but might fold on the river scare card if I bet out. Anyone disagree and think check/call or bet right out is better than going for the check/raise?

(I'm sure I'll get at least a couple "raise pf" and I definitely would if suited, offsuit I'll raise sometimes but not automatically).

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

<font color="blue">Flop peel is maybe close, but I was getting pretty good odds with my overs and bd straight draw</font>

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">OESD and overcards, definitely worth a call especially closing the action</font>

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

<font color="white">. </font>
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: River c/r decision

Yeah I fold the flop here. Well we made top pair on the river and SB still hasn't sprung into action. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Villian could have top pair and I'd hate for him to check behind, so I just bet my king here and fold to a raise.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:07 AM

This is a superquick fold for me on the flop. River...meh...I don't know.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a superquick fold for me on the flop. River...meh...I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be superquick if you RAISED PREFLOP.

bwahahaha
Old 09-16-2006, 02:07 AM

I also really like a raise pf here. Without the pf raise, the flop is a fold imo. If you had raised pf, I would peel, c/c the turn, and donk the river.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:19 AM

I agree fold the flop... I dont mind not raising this pf. It if were suited I think its 50/50. AJs everytime. Not because its not a strong hand, but because of our poor position relative to the other players in the hand
Old 09-16-2006, 04:23 AM

Checking pre is not a problem at all imo, and is in many cases the best play. Fold flop if you do though.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:46 PM

I don't agree with raising this preflop with 3 opponents, even if they are LP. KQs easy raise though.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM

Checking PF is ok to me, but you have to fold flop when you don't hit b/c you're not getting the odds for your outs which could be dirty.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with raising this preflop with 3 opponents, even if they are LP. KQs easy raise though.

[/ QUOTE ]