Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Who Do You Fear on Party?

I don't know if this post is out of bounds, if you think it is, just say so... I will give a short list of some players that I consider to be very good.

LittleMoon
IronChef
ClarkLewis
YellowRiver
FrappeBoy
McNabbtoTO
PlaywellJMal

Add to the list if you like. These are some obvious ones i think. Do you disagree with any on the list? Do you disagree with even having a list?

I know on other board they decided it wasn't a good idea to talk about fish, and there are too many players to talk about sharks, but since the stud community is fairly small, you run into the same players often enough to learn a decent bit about them.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Who Do You Fear on Party?

I fear beta1607 because his play is always costing me alot of money...oh wait....
Old 03-28-2005, 10:31 PM

I know how you feel...see my recent post
Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 PM

Heres my list of the best stud players on party. I recluse myself or any other 2+2 player from it.

IronChef- The best stud player on party, period.

McNabbtoTO- This is golfandtennis/TDO323 under another
screen name. My vote for the second best player on party and also the biggest money winner overall on the stud section (he also plays more than most anyone).

genoa_st- He could also get my vote for second best. He plays $200 NL singles on party for a living now but used to play 20-40 instead when the game used to be much better then it is today.

YellowRiver/LittleMoon/RedBoy- These are all the same player for those that dont know. And he plays rock soild under all of them. He loves to sit at an empty table and try to lure someone into playing him. Best to look for an easier game. He makes few mistakes and is very soild.

FrappeBoy- A definite winner but far too passive in certain situations. He berated me the other day telling me how I should simply call if it was folded around to me and I was next to the bring in? WTF, who always calls there? Maybe he was just telling me that because he was seated to my left. Other then being too passive in some aspects hes soild. PlaywellJMal and Clarklewis are on the same page as him,but far behind the top three skill wise.

Top 20-40 players- I wont give a long analysis of these players but they're all excellent (far above Frappe, Playwell, and Clark). Some of them switched to hold'em, two play 75-150 at foxwoods nowadays and not so much online anymore, some might have switched there screen names, some still play regularly. They are Tripped, dinosaurs77, wcasenyc, Issimi, and mmcdon. Mmcdon is a poster here on 2+2 (alright so I added one poster) but now plays strictly hold'em and omaha I believe. So here it is, a game where you'd take an a$$ wooping:

TheIronChef
McNabbto
genoa_st
YellowRiver
Tripped
dinosaurs77
mmcdon
Issimi

I remember a post in the internet forum awhile back by snakehead. In it he was asking how to open up a party account because he wanted to play in the 20-40. No one happens to know his screen name do they? I'd be interested to see how he'd fare in that game. I know two 300-600 players that used to play in that tight 20-40 (reepo66 and rocawear69) and they both were serious donaters. They kept trying to run over a game with a rock structure and couldnt gear down from their normal stakes.

Mike Emery
Old 03-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Interesting you guys had many of the same names on your lists. I will have to check these players out.

Do you guys divulge your screen names there? I'd love to watch a number of you 2+2 guys play.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 AM

I pretty much only play 3-6, so don't know any names on the list. Except one. PlaywellJmal has appeared to be a fish to me. I wonder if the guy who plays higher lets his friend/wife whatever play 3-6 using his bank, cause that screen name at 3-6 is not good in my experience.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:00 AM

Interesting about playweljmal and clarklewis. I have played both these guys as well, at stakes as low as 1/2. Neither one struck me as noteable players, but maybe we have not been in enough hands together for me to get a good read.

There was a guy a while back that I was pretty careful with - Bingo4Me. He seemed to be a consistent winner but I have not seem him for a while.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:07 PM

I've played with Bingo4me, too. And he did seem decent, although not awesome by any means.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:29 PM

I judge bases on how much I see a screen name over time. Because I assume if you are playing 5-10 and up (5-10 is as high as I go most of the time) you can't constantly refill your roll if you are a losing player.

I've seen :
pinkrose1 (or something that starts with p)
IronChef
FrappeBoy
McNabbtoTO
PlaywellJMal
paigee
logdoggie
waterflower
and
faggie

for a few months. I'm not saying any of these players are spectacular...but in general I assume the players that I recognize (without notes) are better than the average "never seen this guy before" player
Old 03-29-2005, 12:32 PM

No. I'm sorry Jon. Fagie is a fish, fish fish. At least at 3-6. Maybe a rich fish. But thoroughly aquatic.