Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: If you had to pick one online book, which one?

Pinnacle and its not even close. They rarely don't have the best line and if you are betting on UFC they always have great lines with low vig.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:13 PM

If you're a very casual bettor just getting started, honestly I recommend new people go a different way: Bodog. Especially if you like to bet underdogs often.

They've got a constant 10% deposit bonus, so you can just deposit a couple bucks and take the bonus and make your bets. if you lose you can deposit some more.

Plus if you're a poker player, Bodog's games are soft as hell, and your bankroll there crosses over so you can go play their tables with whatever money you've deposited.

Yeah, they're not the cheapest book, but if you're factoring in their constant 10% bonus their lines aren't far off and they're often better on dogs than a lot of other places.

Their lines don't come up that early, but if you're purely casual placing a handful of bets during the season usually the day before or day of the game, then it won't ever be an issue.

There's no question, Pinnacle is the best overall book out there in my opinion. And if you're more than mildly serious, make that your one account. But if you're a very casual bettor with a relatively small bankroll just looking for a single book, i think Bodog is tough to beat. Pinnacle's one time bonus you really want to max out, so if you're thinking about giving sports betting a try and then making a big deposit if you're succesful, save Pinnacle for another day when you can max out your bonus there...

Just my $0.02

EDIT: just caught the UFC part. Pinny has way better UFC lines than Bodog for sure. Bodog will carry the major fights but often won't carry the undercards if that matters to you. But again, if you plan to just deposit a couple hundred, and if you bust deposit some more, Bodog's constant 10% bonus will equalize their lines quite a bit to the point that its close...
Old 09-15-2006, 02:22 PM

Bodog does have great underdog lines, until they mark you as an anti-consensus guy, then you get an alternate line.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bodog does have great underdog lines, until they mark you as an anti-consensus guy, then you get an alternate line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Sorry for being unaware with the situation, but does Bodog actually offer different lines to customers?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Sorry for being unaware with the situation, but does Bodog actually offer different lines to customers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bodog has dual lines, Bowmans has dual lines, and probably a handful of others. big bettors ($500+) will get hit the fastest, since the books presume you are sharp and/or scalping elsewhere.

doesn't mean they're not beatable, just less so after the first week or two.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Doesn't look like they do Firepay?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always curious about this. I was talking to a friend over the phone and were looking at a bodog line. We kept hitting refresh and the line was different for us. I was located in FL and he was in NYC. Neither state was for the action (ie It wasn't a florida game or a NY game). I never understood it and still dont
Old 09-15-2006, 04:23 PM

Either Millennium Sports or maybe Pinnacle.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood it and still dont

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not based on your location; it's based on whether they identify you as someone who is constantly betting soft lines.

Maybe they'll initially line a game at +4.5 when everyone else has it +4 (since they're hoping casual bettors will be taking -4.5). If you are always grabbing the better rogue side, they are eventually going to start dealing you a sharper line.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 AM

Pretty simple. If you're gonna bet like a donkey, get pinnacle. If you want free money, get SIA.