Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 01:18 AM

Default .50/1: KK and lots of action

After playing 6max for a while I decided to play a full ring session. After this hand maybe I should just go back to 6max. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

The cast...
BB: No paticular reads on then he seems to be tight pre-flop.
MP1: Not much on him either other then he raised every since pot he entered pre-flop and aggressive postflop.
MP2: A complete donkey who plays too many hands and raises and bunch pre-flop but is passive postflop. 80/27/.65

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: James is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">James caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">James bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, James???
Old 09-15-2006, 01:22 AM

Default Re: .50/1: KK and lots of action

Call and reevaluate.

MP1 could easily have any pair 99-AA (discount the lower pairs if you want but he's still doing this with QQ at least). BB, who knows what he has. Maybe he has an 8 and he's dumb, maybe he flopped a set, maybe he has a flush draw.

I can't say for sure I'm showing this down yet but our hand isn't worth a cap imo and it's way too early to just give up on it.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 AM

caps....
Old 09-15-2006, 01:28 AM

IMO I'm calling &amp; trying to get to SD, unless something crazy happens on the turn, ie it's 2 back to you holding only K's.
I'm not that worried about MP1 he could very well be raising light as you mentioned he is raising every hand PF. I'm more worried about the overcallers &amp;/or BB.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:39 AM

I don't see why we can't cap this. Two villains are light raisers....These donkeys could betting heavy with a flush draw and O/C's. If we bet out on the turn and are raised, AA is much more of a possibility.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:46 AM

CAPS
Old 09-15-2006, 02:03 AM

Hi All,

Maybe this is a leak in my game, but I would be capping this. The only reason I consider calling is to ensure BB would play along; however, I strongly lean towards capping.

You will never be able to push out AA, but you might get out AK, AQ, AJ which will give you protection if an A falls.

On the turn river, I would continue unless a big scare card comes. I hope that neither of your oppts would be playing [ (5,8), (2,5), (2,8)], so the primary hands you are losing to are [ (A,A), (5,5), (2,2), (8,8)]. I also like raise to put of pressure on some one with the flush draw.

If a scare card comes, I shutdown and go for a cheap SD. Otherwise, I am raising/re-raising all the way through. This would be a hand that I either win or lose big on. However, like I said this may be a leak for me, and I have definitely lost some chips using this.

Just my two cents,

Leo
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 AM

geez....read on BB is tight and he called in a capped pot then came out swinging on the flop. hmmmm. AA - JJ maybe AKs with the nutflushdraw?

Im calling and trying to get to SD cheap. I like a call just to see what BB does.

where this hand gets tricky is when you try and get to SD and are getting faced with calling multiple bets in this big pot.

I'd like to get this HU so we can control the pot size better but I dont think that is possible here so put on your seatbelt and hang on tight. holla.

xJames...wanna post the turn action?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 AM

Cap this flop all day every day. All kinds of hands you crush are getting crazy with the cheese whiz on this flop.

Cap the flop, lead the turn, then see what happens.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:06 PM

Hero caps here.

in the Micros full ring, a 3 bet signifies a much stronger hand than in short-handed play or at the higher levels. As such, I can appreciate the concern that you are behind with one pair.

However, MP1 raised preflop. Hard to think that his hand contains a 5, 8, or 2. More likely to be a high pocket pair TT,JJ,QQ, and KK combined are more likely than AA. Or he might have an AdKd or AdQd even. I believe that we are ahead of MP1 here a majority of the time.

BB is a tight player. AND he is showing aggression on this hand by raising with players to act. The only hands that he could have that beat us and are played this way are probably 88 and AA. I think we are still probably ahead here.

I cap and lead the Turn. I call down if raised.

LLL