Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 04:32 PM

Default 5/10 Blind Steal

I am OTB with JTo, SB is a tight player that folds his blinds too often. BB is a very liberal defender. He has defended 32o and c/r a Q92 flop betting the turn a river. Basically he will defend anything and c/r everything from gutshots to pure bluffs.

My questions: Is it worth it to steal with JTo against this guy? If so, what is the worst hand you would try? If not, what would you require?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Blind Steal

Well, JTo is among the 50% best hands so you should raise if he calls with anything.

I don't even call it a steal. Just be careful post-flop.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:39 PM

You have position with a decent enough hand. Try and see what works against this player. Sometimes I do something crazy like limp on the button, because I know SB is too tight and putting more $in the pot is just a high variance play for me against BB. But that's rare.

I still raise this here. Your read on BB sounds negative. Flip it and say "the BB is very LAG in blind def. spots and overplays his hands/puts too many bets in". Say you raise and the flop comes 456? Check behind because he is check/raising. When someone is playing hard like that it's often difficult for them to change gears, which in a way makes them predictable.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:04 PM

I agree with Gunner. As long as your hand OTB is in top 50%, then a PF raise here is good. If BB is a LAGtard, take him to showdown every time and rake in the cash!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:50 PM

I would think of it as charging him to play you out of position against your very playable hand.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:05 PM

Guess I have turned into a wuss from playing too much full ring. But you cannot advocate going to showdown with J high Thory.