Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Most hated player Humberto, no wait, Molina, no wait, Prahlad. WTF

"He embodies everything that I dislike about americans... sorry guys."

Nice thing to say. Are you by any chance on a jihad?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think people need to get over themselves over the whole slow-rolling thing. Complaining about it is just whiny and pathetic, even (especially) when the pros do it. It's almost as if poker players invented something to get upset about. Poker is a confrontational game - trash talking, bluffing, etc. Big whoop if someone wants to torture you a bit before driving the knife in. Just another way to get under someone's skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the stupidest thing I've read all week.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prahlad was awesome.

You have to figure he intended to try and tilt Lissandro and he did a damn good job of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, which one of them busted first again? I just can't recall...

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: WSOP = World Series of Punks

what i dont understand is people who Molina berated he would say you suck to their face while he was shaking their hand. what kind of person would shake someones hand while they were talking [censored] to you? there is no reason to be polite here.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My middle name i is actually Molina, so i was like: Hey cool, a molina at the table, make us proud dude!... no wait - WTF?!?

Sad, really, that people like him exists. He embodies everything that I dislike about americans... sorry guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for completely lumping us all into the Molina personality camp - WTF makes you think he represents the typical American? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 05:14 PM

Possibly the only negative aspect of poker moving from dark, shady back rooms into legitimate, legal settings is that punks like Molina have almost free-reign to act like total jerks.

I know I'd be much more polite if I knew my opponent was likely armed with baseball bats, brass knuckles, or even worse.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or maybe they're pissed that they get spam from him every other day

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate? what kind of stuff is he sending out?

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Micon System" which sells for I think $127 but is probably not worth more than $1.27. I sent my email addy for a free listen and now I get spammed every other day either by him or one of his affiliates that he gave my email addy to trying to get me to fork over the cash.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:01 PM

What I want to know is - where did the poker go? The WSOP ME is a joke. I realize we don't see a lot of the event but it looks just like my $10 home game with monkeys pushing in $1mil into a 50k pot and then gloating when someone folds a decent hand.

The lowering of standards by the vast satellite contigent is not just the crap attitudes but the level of play.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prahlad was awesome.

You have to figure he intended to try and tilt Lissandro and he did a damn good job of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely true, why would Prahlad care about a 5k ante? He obviously wanted to tilt Lisandro as he was a tight player to Prah's right and he knew that if he could tilt him he would win some big chips off him.

I think that he may have even taken it a step further and asked Dustin Holmes to get in on it, why else wouldn't he say anything? He knows he didn't throw it out yet he just sits there quietly. I think Prahlad told him to be quiet because they could both best profit off of Lisandro if he started tilting since they were sitting directly to his left.

Either way, I think it was a smart move on Prahlad and hats off to Lisandro for being a good enough player not to let it effect his play.

As for Brenes, he seemed annoying but you know his songs and yelling was all in good taste. Molina should be the most hated, very unacceptable...and how can he tell his mom that he "got caught".....no buddy, you CALLED your chips off with the straight draw on the monotone board.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 PM

He bet with a str8 draw,got raised and IMO had been running well and figured he'd catch. I don't know how much he had invested. I also don't know how much was in the pot or how much he had left.

But I think he meant "getting caught" by some1 raising his bet on the flop. Not that he called the fellas raise.