Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Re: I hate free plays from the BB

I dont see a c/r AI on turn getting called by worse. And the chance that the dude has clubs and is looking for a free card is decent IMO, and I dont want to give one to him.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Okay next street

I'm not real happy with how I played this which is why I posted it. I have to admit that immediately after, I thought I probably should have 3 bet, but after reading the replies here (I love your explanations Stealthy) I have officially changed to the call/bet out camp.
so to continue
Party $200. 3 limpers to me in the BB and I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . I start the hand with $401.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Here we go. I bet $7 because I like to bet out with my draws, so I need to do it with my big hands too. Villain ($320) raises to $21. Everyone else folds.

I called.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check and he checked too. Doh!

River J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $25 thinking he really can't raise here no matter what with the diamonds on the board and he called with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] rivering the straight.

How big a turn betdo you think it needed to be to win this pot or was I doomed from the start?
Old 09-14-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Okay next street

He most certainly can raise the river without a flush because your river bet sucks. What is the pot? $50? So bet $40.