Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 07:25 AM

Default Book Idea

Ive got a poker book idea and have already started writing it. I think its good and original. Who is the best agent on poker books to spin my idea to before I potentially waste Alot of time. And I think its so good that I don't want anyone to steal the idea. Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Book Idea

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got a poker book idea and have already started writing it. I think its good and original. Who is the best agent on poker books to spin my idea to before I potentially waste Alot of time. And I think its so good that I don't want anyone to steal the idea. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - there are no poker book agents. For the most part the authors find a publisher on their own.

2 - If your afraid of someone stealing your idea, then you will never get it published.

3 - Isn't it odd that your posting this at 2+2's forums? You do know they are a publishing company right? If you want it to be published by 2+2 you have to spend some time here, proving that your strategy posts are top notch... then the powers that be might be willing to hear about your concept because the proof would already be in the pudding.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

If I was serious about writing a poker book, I would submit an article or two to 2+2 Internet magazine and see how that went. If you can get a few articles published, you might get a more serious look at your book idea.

Of course you can always make a free pdf file on adobe.com, I think they let you make three at no charge, and sell you poker book on eBay as an ebook.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 AM

Good advice. Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Implement your revolutionary ideas on the tables... make tons of money... then use those $$$ to self publish your book
Old 09-14-2006, 01:44 PM

Yea but this isn't another how to play poker better book. I guess im just looking to get an expert opinion before I proceed to far with time and money. Yea i know just do it and see what happens.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Send Mason a PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 PM

Sounds like the typical first-to-market over concern. Don't worry, your advantage will disappear pretty fast if it is truly original. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There are plenty of other things that I would worry about more if I were to write a book.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM

a book is not a gimmick or idea. it is a complete collection of thoughts. if it is good it will be picked up. if not then you are out your time. make sure you are qualified to write on the subject or you are beat before you started. good luck.